Output usb gain so high - no headroom

Hi,
I’ve realized the output gain thru USB is so high, it’s peak easy and you don’t find headroom to post-process the signal. Any thoughts about this? Is there a parameter I didn’t find to fix this?

Thanks.

What s stopping you from turning it down a couple of db’s in your software?

Yep I have this problem as well. I have to mix with my DAW to make sure that I am within limits but the track volumes end up so low it seems crazy.

This can’t be done in Reason.

there is no setting, i think. but a quick fix is holding track button and turn level knob (ctrl all on volume) - so you can lower all channels just a bit ( the top-left knob, not the vol/dist knob :wink:)

3 Likes

I guess if the entry level is peaking, I can’t do anything side DAW, I mean utility in ableton or whatever another util, it would be process the signal peaking/cropped. Yeah, I got more headroom, but I think the signal it will cropped.

Oh! Yeah, it’s a simple solution. Thanks!
But it’s a little annoying you can’t set this thing on cycles.

1 Like

yep, maybe the can do a menu setting, like the one for usb input gain…

Damn thats a clever solution!

Glad I’m not the only one that was finding this annoying!

i tried it one or two days ago for the same reason (usb input clipping) and it just worked. also panning works, i think but not at the machine right now…

1 Like

In fact, in menu you can find a settings for output usb gain… or something… but astonishing is +6, +10 and +12 db :scream:

thats the one i meant, it is for input from usb to m:c

I have set mine pretty high, to match levels from iphone to loud internal m:c voices

Ahm! That is ! Alright, I didn’t understand when I saw it. :slight_smile:

I was pleasantly surprised and a little confused by it because when using the Digitone with Overbridge, the signal is quite low.

I prefer the signal strength from the MC and haven’t had any issues with clipping.

Maybe another thing to keep in mind is that Distortion is a functioning part of track volume.