Other sampler to pair with Digitakt

I use SP303 and it work well together. SP add warm and chop melodies easily

1 Like

I was thinking to pair my DT with something like the WTPA2 or the Microgranny.

Did anyone tried a WTPA2?

1 Like

OP-1. The drum sampler is amazing, and you can use the Digitakt to sequence the OP-1 synth. Also, the tape is super duper handy

1 Like

I agree, I use the sp404 with my DN… it rocks… and with electrons great sequencer, it makes the 404 even better.

1 Like

What do you mean by not built the same?

The original 1000s had individual isolated pads instead of a single sheet and a different sensor system. This was upgraded in the later black ones, but not all black ones. Some used pieces may have the upgrade already installed. JJOS has a few different varieties. Some 1000s have internal hard drives. Etc, etc, etc… ideally I think a buyer would want jjos 2XL and the new pad system at the very least as the old pad system and akai os are both reportedly pretty terrible. Again, there are many more knowledgeable people than myself, but it’s worth looking into all the variations if you’re looking to buy/upgrade a unit. And as I’ve never used an older/akai os unit I’m not sure how blown out of proportion these reports are, but there’s enough info online to make a pretty good judgement call I’d think.

rackmount akai or similar, if you don’t mind the format, and depending on how long a sample you want. s3000, s5000 etc.