Other electronic music communities as nice as Elektronauts?

That XL bacon double cheese though…

Just meat, cheese and bread, no salad, no sauce.

Perfection.

2 Likes

Their chip game is so weak though.

1 Like

If you’re going to burger king for chips I feel sorry for you.

That’s like going to the pub for a mineral water.

1 Like

Word. That mess is a try once then never again kind of deal.

Besides I rarely go there since the mushroom double Swiss days.

I’ve quickly learned that if you ask a question like that here, somebody will likely down tools from what they’re doing, buy and install the kit in question and give you an extensive breakdown of its pros and cons with bullet points.

I think it’s a combination of inherent niceness in the community allied to an ever-present urge to take any excuse to do something other than finish a piece of their own work.

But seriously, it is remarkable how helpful people are willing to be here.

7 Likes

I think lines is monome’s forum…

I think you can ask ITB box questions here without fear - you’re better off with those than mentioning anything “dawless”.

BUT you might find that people seem to have a slight preference to people who share their music made on hardware. Just anecdotal though.

-calls security-

1 Like

The hero elektronauts needs.

3 Likes

I‘ve been a member here for a few years now, never had an answer to a single question, or anything meaningful or relevant to add to a discussion. So if I’m accepted (or tolerated) then some DAW/VST questions should be no problem.

6 Likes

Besides all of that, everyone on here is secretly a DAW wizard hiding their 8 hour Ableton nervous mixdown sessions behind a bunch of DAWless clutter, modular they don’t use and succulents.

17 Likes

I FEEL SEEN

(apparently the above isn’t enough of a sentence to post so just filling this in here to try and convince security this is a post)

1 Like

Lines is a ‘monome’ community for sure but so much more…just look at the forum and you’ll see everything from OT study group (yep) to old school discontinued (but cool) computer software to aesthetics to composition to coding etc etc etc.

It’s very wide ranging and very cool. Like here but not elektron-centric.

1 Like

I think this is the best music gear forum I have seen. I typically look at forums for info and don’t register but this place has been an ideal model to me of what a music community should be about.

3 Likes

Geez, that looks like the parallel universe version of Elektronauts :see_no_evil:

1 Like

It’s the monome community forum.
When I was salivating on a mono and built myself an arduinome, I was frequently on the lines forum. It had another name back then… maybe forum.monome.org or something.

But it was my initiation to the world of electronic music community. I though that every ‘gear’ had a similar community. When I got over my monome envy, I left that community but never found anything like it.

I find electronauts is a pretty good community with at a lot of inspiration to create more music, but here is a lot of GAS activation thread (Talk me into buy more gear type of post) or how to spend 10k on a device I might use one day.

Anyway, for community there is a lot of community on discord these days that I find quite interesting too.
like the synth discord :

the pureData discord is the best thing that happened to pure data in many years:

The answer to your question is no, other electronic music communities are not as nice as Elektronauts. Lines comes in a close second. However, they’re upgrading their discourse site and now they’re saying my browser is out of date and I’m not gonna upgrade just to visit a forum so they lost me for now. I’m sure they’re inconsolable about it. But yeah, when I first registered with this forum back in 2015 or 2016, I was shocked at how helpful people were. I’ve sold all my Elektron stuff (for now, OT is calling me again) but I still come here every day. There are some good conversations going on about other gear I own (Polyend Tracker, OP-1, Moog, software, etc.). It really is a cool place.

2 Likes

This is the only forum I’ve found till now that is nice and good. Nothing comparable imo. Good Infos, good behavior with just the right amount trash talk. And fin25 of course…

For Germans there is the sequencer forum which is ok. Better than gearsluts. But that’s not hard

2 Likes

See folks.

It isn’t hard to acknowledge it.

I am the best.

1 Like

I’m stuck on your heart, I hang on to every word you say.

1 Like

My old dears went to see Tina Turner like 20 years ago or something, I still haven’t forgiven them for not getting me a ticket.

Pricks.

1 Like