Other electronic music communities as nice as Elektronauts?

For context, I’m easily the coolest person on here and I’m almost completely in the box now.

Don’t even own any Elektron gear anymore…

16 Likes

Until next time (eh bruce?)

5 Likes

For now

4 Likes

8 Likes

doesn’t bitwig has a grid where you can basically build your own synths? sounds like the best option cpu-wise to me, there a loads of vsts that sound good but once you put them in high quality mode or start modulating they all start building up usage…
imo vital is nuts and pretty mellow on the cpu, serum always a great choice, lots of people really like the pigments although I’m not sure how it’s on the cpu…

generally there’s no way around cpu usage rather just sampling your synths / freezing tracks, it’s a hassle but once you like the sound coming from the plugin but it’s using 3/4 of the cpu there’s no way around it…

Also Fin:

(Had to be used sometime)

9 Likes

. Bigwig (autocorrect which I’ll leave in here :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:) is like a modular synth. Ableton as well. Really utilizing the stock plugins is the easiest way to save CPU usage and provides loads of possibilities once you start adding modulation sources and what not.

6 Likes

I’ve got Pigments, but it’s pretty brutal on the CPU.

I should really just stick to learning Bitwig Polymer / Grid / Phase 4

2 Likes

There are great Bitwig Grid tutorials on the official YouTube channel, plus those of Polarity and Taches Teaches. The latter is my favourite because I love his voice and vibe. I don’t bother with Polymer or Phase 4 tho. The Grid does all that and more.

Back to the original topic, I’m on Lines too, though I mainly lurk rather than participate. It’s much more in-depth and academic than here and there’s much more focus on modular/Eurorack, too. There’s way less posting frequency than here, tho, and the vibe is a bit friendlier and funnier here in my experience.

3 Likes

…another happy bitwiguser here…was a heavy hw and especially elektron user for the last decade…but slimmed it down to a4, two ot’s, a heat, a cycles and a st…

and nope, i’m not aware of any other techtalk gear lover place like this…
and i don’t need to find one, since even if all u need is itb tips, u gonna find the answers here…

as mentioned here already, if it all comes down to bitwig details, bitwigs very own utube resources and knowledge basics do all the trick…

and in case u have not realized by now, no matter which daw is ur choice, end of the day, it’s all about learning it’s shortcuts to know it inside out, so no hardware can really make u feel gas for more ever again…

daws can only be annoying, if u curve around and through ur screen real estate with nothing but a mouse all day long…

get a oldschool klak klak keyboard, a heavy trackball, a dead simple basic controler and know the shortcuts and whoooosh, ur flying…
or go for the most slimlined way possible and reduce it all to absolute max with nothing but a solid laptop, insist that ur trackpad needs only tapping but no clicking AND have ur shortcuts in mind again… :wink:

2 Likes

so you mean you were the coolest person here?

1 Like

You come at the king, you best not miss.

3 Likes

:dart:

4 Likes

That XL bacon double cheese though…

Just meat, cheese and bread, no salad, no sauce.

Perfection.

2 Likes

Their chip game is so weak though.

1 Like

If you’re going to burger king for chips I feel sorry for you.

That’s like going to the pub for a mineral water.

1 Like

Word. That mess is a try once then never again kind of deal.

Besides I rarely go there since the mushroom double Swiss days.

I’ve quickly learned that if you ask a question like that here, somebody will likely down tools from what they’re doing, buy and install the kit in question and give you an extensive breakdown of its pros and cons with bullet points.

I think it’s a combination of inherent niceness in the community allied to an ever-present urge to take any excuse to do something other than finish a piece of their own work.

But seriously, it is remarkable how helpful people are willing to be here.

7 Likes

I think lines is monome’s forum…

I think you can ask ITB box questions here without fear - you’re better off with those than mentioning anything “dawless”.

BUT you might find that people seem to have a slight preference to people who share their music made on hardware. Just anecdotal though.

-calls security-

1 Like