OT Switching Parts

Hi
I record the thru input from input A B on part one / T1
I play the recorded audio by a flex machine on part two / T1

While I switching between part one <-> two the audio starts not instantly. The audio is played like I start stop a vinyl record.

I’d read the manuell and check every setting that I know without any success.
Is this a normal behaviour or is there a setting to change the auto playback while changing parts
between thru machines and flex machines by parts on the same track?

Lfo on Rate or Pitch?

1 Like

In my experience changing parts mid-pattern can be dodgy. I’ve been getting round it by having copies of patterns with different parts assigned - changing parts by switching patterns seems to work ok.

2 Likes

Thank you guys
Let me check your suggestions. I’ll come back with my findings.

Verified all LFO on all TR. Nothing changed
“Lfo on Rate or Pitch?”

Are you changing the parts manually? I never got that to work. I did the same thing as Merv, used another pattern to change the parts, that will sort of quantize the change.

1 Like

manually, try to live mix and mangle audio. I need some time to set up to copy all the scenes and setting. I’ll come back shortly

No time to check at moment by i have a list of part change behaviours on here. Changing part on the last step causing silence throughout next bar even with trigs there is one I still run into

Edit: this one

Oh and it’s first step.

Also:

Looking back on these the whole parts change thing is such a can of worms. But like @Merv and @XDAN suggested, it’s most reliable if you use a pattern change as a part change, even if you are just copying the whole pattern and assigning a different part. ‘Performing’ with parts is where it gets unpredictable

1 Like

Thank you for your help on that. To bad that to use scenes is not reliable for this purpose.
May Elektron should a acknowledge this as a bug. IMHO this could be fix easily. It’s only by a timing issue.

1 Like

Well, pattern switching with different with different parts is smooth. So in this case - parts switching nasty dogy