OT - sound quality

They’re not going to find answers if they have to read 976 posts going “it’s bad” “no it’s fine” “no I have ears, it’s bad” “your ears are bad” “my ears are pro bro”

That doesn’t mean it should be locked though.

3 Likes

This is only the beginning. Played with pickup machines last night, I have decent if not exactly high end headphones and could not tell the sampled audio from the thru audio. I gain staged as well as I could and made sure all levels were equal in a DAW.

1 Like

Nope, I heard it through my top of the range psychic converters.

Sounded bad.
I mean, it sounded fine, but it was bad.

6 Likes

You could make a good case for reading this whole thread actually being the most honest answer you could get to the original question which, looking at the first post now, wasn’t really a question to begin with. The only actual question in that post was kind of off-topic and probably belonged belonged in the feature request thread or something. So I’d say this entire thread has been pretty much as it should be.

2 Likes

They don’t have to. They can just use the Search function to search for “gain staging”, “Dark Reverb”, etc.

1 Like

There have been a lot of silly suggestions in this thread, but the idea that new users would use the search function is the most far-fetched one of all! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Sound quality? It’s fine. What makes me absolutely livid is the sound quantity. What were they thinking??

6 Likes

The search function is one of the first things I use when I’m new to a forum, if I have a question.

I’m not into unnecessarily antagonizing the community by doing stuff like, starting a new thread to ask a question that’s been asked 100 times already. But I see some people don’t care and don’t even seem to mind being punished for it by the community.

I agree! The timestretching is fine as well, but the timebatching….honestly, no good!

1 Like

I think they want to reach 1000 replies.

Anyway, now I don’t care, with last OS, my Digitakt sounds much better than OT! :pl:

5 Likes

Mon ami, if there’s anyone who could convince me to invest in a DT, it would be you.

2 Likes

Once upon a time I was on kvraudio in an argument about summing busses. Someone proposed that Logic’s summing bus sounded better than Ableton’s. I called BS (digital summing is literally just addition at each sample). He posted 2 files. I did the invert+sum trick and after adjusting the Logic sample down .25db they cancelled 100%. The guy still argued. It took a lot of my time away but it’s been a real life lesson for me. Some people are just going to argue no matter what evidence you present.

I’ve been following this thread for months all the while fighting the urge to join the discussion. So far so good. Can the 1000th post be “The End”? I can’t help myself but keep reading it but I so wish it would die. We all have better things to do.

6 Likes

Don’t just tease - drop the wisdom on us.

1 Like

Sezare how could you? I thought you would never…:disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Sounds to me like you’re trying to confuse our opinions with facts…

6 Likes

Hah! Well, I will say that I tried doing the sum cancellation test on some results someone posted in a different thread and they came very close but did not 100% cancel. That said, you could not tell them apart by listening. For me this settles it. When people cannot tell samples apart in a blind test that proves the “sounds bad” claim false. It’s not “just an opinion” the same as thinking the earth is flat is not “just an opinion”. “sounds bad” seems like a purely subjective statement but it can still be proven wrong with science.

I really fell for his trap didn’t I? :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Last!

(just trying to get in before this gets locked)

not so easy, pal!

This could be the last post though.

Let’s collect some money and send an OT to some professional audio engineers with high fidelity oscilloscopes.

1 Like

First find a human who can pick an OT sample from a “dry” one every time in a blind listening test.

1 Like

That’s what we need the professional audio engineer for as well… DACs play an important role and I don’t trust any of you OT fanboys!

1 Like