OT - sound quality

So, there’s the topic at hand and then there’s about 80% of the recent replies.

One of these two categories relates to the original intent of the thread.

Let’s try to keep the replies from here on out applicable to the former, k?

Thx! :thup:

9 Likes

Here is interesting point where Elektron could go for a mk3.

Pure hypothetical, OT mk3 with Overbridge technology. But, instead of connecting to a computer, the option for a hardware I/O expander. Let’s say for the 8 stereo tracks, 8 stereo I/O. Like this we can work on our personal sound and enter the world of Pedal Crush on p-locks.

For now we are just ‘limited’ like Stimming with his external audio thing. The Analog Heat, SSL SiX or Elysia units.

There’s a thread for that:

2 Likes

I feel like you are limited. Maybe speak for yourself. My OT is exactly what I need.

I agree that “next product” talk belongs in a separate thread.

1 Like

You might find this thread interesting;

1 Like

Why is this thread being spammed with next product posts?! Keep it on topic people, we’re discussing metal here…oh I mean, the OT’s sound quality…

6 Likes

Isn’t that for the whole line of Elektron or new products? How to keep on track about those octa tracks in fx part?

It is what it is but speculation and wish lists of things for a potential MKIII (which Elektron has never done in its entire history) belong there. I personally can’t see them making a new OT, but maybe a new flagship sampler will appear in a few years. Regardless, all of our hopes and dreams for new Elektrons get discussed in the ‘What’s Next For Elektron?’ thread.

Hey, the person who started this thread looks familiar. Why not revive that thread?

6 Likes

Thats also fine :smiley:

Well, let’s close this tread? for me personal and probably also for others we know the final conclusion about the OT sound quality :wink:

2 Likes

The End.

I think it’s ok to keep the thread open, as it is intended to help newer users who don’t understand yet about gain staging, when to use timestretch, or just have questions about the FX.

This is the end.

This thread was already 600 posts long before the current conversation, and it will keep going after.

It will take more than one person to convince the admins to lock or delete this thread.

If you don’t want to see any more posts on this thread, go to the bottom of the page and click Tracking. Change the selection to Muted

3 Likes

They’re not going to find answers if they have to read 976 posts going “it’s bad” “no it’s fine” “no I have ears, it’s bad” “your ears are bad” “my ears are pro bro”

That doesn’t mean it should be locked though.

3 Likes

This is only the beginning. Played with pickup machines last night, I have decent if not exactly high end headphones and could not tell the sampled audio from the thru audio. I gain staged as well as I could and made sure all levels were equal in a DAW.

1 Like

Nope, I heard it through my top of the range psychic converters.

Sounded bad.
I mean, it sounded fine, but it was bad.

6 Likes

You could make a good case for reading this whole thread actually being the most honest answer you could get to the original question which, looking at the first post now, wasn’t really a question to begin with. The only actual question in that post was kind of off-topic and probably belonged belonged in the feature request thread or something. So I’d say this entire thread has been pretty much as it should be.

2 Likes