OT - sound quality

Listening to DiH, even within the first 30 seconds they’ve got brainbombs beat imo. Seeing them live was always the highlight of a weekend.

1 Like

brainbombs isnt supposed to be a good band tho, theyre shit amd they embrace it. cant really compare them to anyone, especially a band who try to be good play good shows. lots of noise rock bands are better bands probably but brainbombs would be worse if they were better in any conventional way

Haha yeah I know, I actually like brainbombs a lot too, they just always get compared.

1 Like

lets talk about jg ballard next. its 30 degrees out amd im rereading drowned world, cant wait for climate change to advance

5 Likes

Hey can you piss off with your band talk to another thread please. I’m sure the mods have this one on mute so they won’t help.

7 Likes

How about this new thread over here then: Adventures in the noise rock-adjacent underground

3 Likes

Yeah, man.

My Octatrack sounds shit enough without all this crosstalk.

4 Likes

I’m no professional musician, but my equipment is rather expensive.
I can’t hear any difference between the original sound and whatever I record on the octatrack.
I just record at the highest reasonable level and then I have to adjust (meaning: lower) the volume anyhow to fit it in the mix.
But maybe my non pro ears just can’t hear it :blush:

3 Likes

Exactly @SKull
And I doubt any pro’s would use an OT to produce music with. It’s all DAW .

why not?

I’m saying like big Pro recording studios.

All those big pro techno stars? Lol

I probably don’t know what I’m talking about.

3 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Adventures in the noise rock-adjacent underground

But… they do, it’s used as an instrument not for mastering.

2 Likes

What’s the sound quality like over there?

3 Likes

its supposed to sound that way

1 Like

Noisy AF

2 Likes

unacceptable THD

2 Likes

When i was a kid i went to a Rolling Stones concert with my dad and the next day i could go to school late so i missed the swimming class which i hated. Was a bit boring but huge stadium and a lot of lights.

Btw for me the sound quality of the Octatrack is around 85% And everything above 70% is cool with me. Yes, i did several different audio tests to form my opinion.

Edit:
I just found out that i had time stretch on for all the tests. Ok, so now the Octatrack is around 90%.

Oh, and i wasn’t recording at 24khz.

And damn, the filter was on.

Ok, i think the sound quality of the OT is at 94% now.

5 Likes