OT sequencer stops unexpectedly

Swapped cables with the Analog Rytm, I’ll let you know.

Nope, still stops

Nothing plugged?

Just sitting here listening to my gear. The Analog Rytm keeps playing, and the OT stop light lit up for no reason. Nothing on the midi bus stopped but the OT. I have a midi monitor running in VCV Rack, and there is no stop event.

1 Like

As I said above, OT can be stopped by note A1 (audio track midi channels 1‐8 or Auto Channel).

1 Like

To extend on what @sezare56 already posted twice:

What seems more plausible: that your OT behaves differently than every other OT out there (stopping for no reason) OR that something is sending a stray A1 note? My bets are clearly on the stray note …

1 Like

Concerning below test I asked @mntbighker if nothing was plugged (midi in) but no answer…

There is no note sequencing of any kind happening on the bus. Regardless, I’m performing a test now with nothing plugged in but power. If there were notes going across the bus I think I would have seen that in the midi monitor window I kept running in VCV Rack?

1 Like

I don’t know this product but it depends on where it is in the chain. To verify, a midi monitor should be placed after OT, using its midi thru, or just before.

Thanks, after the standalone test is done I’ll see what I can rig up.

1 Like

I ran the OT all day, so presumably it must be the Nerdseq that was sending the spurious midi notes that stop the OT. I don’t have the Nerdseq sending anything but stop / start and clock. At least on purpose. The only midi OUT device on my bus is the Nerdseq. VCV has access to the midi bus via the Motu audio interface midi IN. If the Nerdseq is sending A1 to the bus you would think the VCV Midi monitor would record it?

Probably. AR can also send notes.

I would add machine one by one to deceipher who is the culprit.

1 Like

It was doing this long before I even had the AR. And the AR is connected via midi IN. The only midi OUT on the entire bus is Nerdseq.

1 Like

If you say bus, what do you use to generate the thru? A thru box? And does it happen also when connecting 1:1 without any thru box?

Just as an extra information for the readers, I enabled the midi send data sniffer in the NerdSEQ for @mntbighker so we will for sure find out if any unwanted data is being send from the NerdSEQ. It just has to happen again now :slight_smile:

I have the Erica Synth midi “hub”. And yes, it was happening prior to getting the box. It was happening when it was nothing but the Nerdseq and OT. It’s worth noting that it’s starting to appear that BPM plays a role. The past couple of days I was running 112 and seeing no stops. When I was running 32 I was getting stops. I have yet to install the debugging firmware.

1 Like

Interesting…and surprising as slow tempo should be easier to follow, isn’t it?
IIRC I read here that OT could handle very fast tempo around 600 bpm…

I just ran it for hours with no stops. I dropped the bpm to 32 and it stopped within an hour. I saw nothing in the midi monitor tool whatsoever. I have seen plenty of messages from the Analog Rytm that didn’t stop the OT. When the stop happened there was nothing.

To check if clock source is problematic, I’d try AR master at 32 bpm, OT slaved.

I can’t test at the moment, but it would be interesting that several users try slow tempo sync.

What do you mean by that ? What sort of messages ?

Latest experiment: I started a sequence at 32 bpm and then disabled transport receive on the OT. The sequence stopped running within a few minutes, and nothing appeared in midi monitor.

1 Like

Sorry if I missed it, but does the same thing happen with no MIDI connected at all? And a blank project?