OT sending scene CCs on multiple channels!?

Would appreciate help with this: A Roland Octapad clocked to OT; cc receive off, program change off; it has its own midi global channel (15). Partner drums in patterns and loops on the Octapad, sending to a Nord drum. OT also sends to two synths and FX on 5 different channels. Midi to Octapad comes from a through box / splitter direct from OT - i.e. not daisy chained. All checked; no conflicting channels - everything as should be - except midi send from OT scenes!

CC 48 = reverb amount on Nord Drum, ccs 55 and 56 to others, Nord Drum is set on multitimbral mode - midi channels 2 to 7. Scene ccs are received by Channel 2 on the ND only, but on the OT midi setup, audio channels should only send midi on channel 1 (scene ccs). All other audio to midi channels are set to off.

I’m using midi modules in the synth (Nord G2) to remap scene ccs from OT midi CH 1 to Nord midi chs 11 or 12, No problems - scene ccs are defs transmitted on CH 1.

I can’t see how midi ccs on channel 1 from OT are getting through to channel 2 on the Nord Drum (7 independent midi channels - again none of which are CH 1! ) even with the Octapad in between set to ignore everything except clock.

@Skypainter To sum up, the Nord receives OT’s CC48 on channel 2 instead of 1? Or both 1 and 2?
Only one audio track midi channel : 1.
Is there a midi track with same channel?

1 Like

Thanks Will. We’ve double checked: no midi channel is shared. Synth is receiving cc’s 48, 55, 56 on channel 1, but the first pad of Nord Drum 3, set to Midi Ch 2 ,is also responding to those ccs. The other pads on Ch 3,4,5,6,7 and global are not effected.

@sezare56 and the Roland Octapad in between the OT and Nord Drum definitely has all midi cc receive off. Really bizarre.

Did you check with a midi monitor what’s send by OT?
What if G2 is out of the equation?
Other Midi processors involved?

1 Like

G2 is out of the equation because it has it’s own output from midi thru box and isn’t sending anything to Octapad > Nord Drum. You’re right - I’ll put the iPad between the thru box and Octapad > Nord Drum and try and see what’s going on with Midi Fire.

1 Like