OT Science Lab - 1 year study - who’s up for it? [LAUNCHED]

Me too, otherwise it will be very messy.
This thread as main thread, or a new one with rules etc, and 12 others with challenges.

(Or one thread per challenge per person? :loopy:)

1 Like

Jaeziz im pure itching to get an Ot again now.

can i afford it tho :sweat_smile:

:see_no_evil: :money_with_wings:

3 Likes

Yeah! Let’s gooooooo

I took the liberty to add a [LAUNCHED] tag to clearly indicate that it’s now ongoing !
Maybe you native English-speaking people have a more appropriate wording, feel free to correct me :wink:

3 Likes

C’est parti mon kiki !

3 Likes

Feeling very optimistic after going through the challenges. I had a couple of “bad OT days” recently and was wondering if I’d be able to keep up. I’m sure I can!

3 Likes

Wow - thanks for putting all this effort into the outline and structure. I’m looking forward to digging in (as best I can). Even if I’m not going to be producing the best content; I’m certain I’m going to get more connected with the OT as I go. Can’t wait to see what other do and contribute my own noise to the community.

3 Likes

Worse than me? All my projects and audio folder gone during the night, without usb connection or CF removal. For my 303 bithday.
New start with the lab!
I found radios. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Damn, I just took an old radio to the reycling centre yesterday, I totally forgot that it would come in handy for the thing that I have been writing up for the past few weeks :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I think I have a couple more around though, so not a disaster :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, I gotta find a radio :confused:

Definitely in! :elot:
Although I’ve been working on a host of music with the trinity, I had recently decided to start a project using just the OT, so this will be perfect.
Love the time frame too!

1 Like

Did you ever figure out what happened?

I’m in. I’ve been using the Octatrack as a live tool only and have wanted a push to get into the compositional possibilities of the machine. Some of the challenges seem pretty advanced to me since I’ve done almost nothing with live sampling/re-sampling or the pickup machines but I’ll give them my best shot.

1 Like

Very exciting and prefect timing for me as we just sold our house and my full rig will be boxed up as we work on the new landing spot. All OT will be great in transition.

2 Likes

Not sure but I think I turned off OT quickly while it was loading the CF card files at start up. :grimacing:

Concerning radio I want to CV control mine. Any idea of how to do that ? :slight_smile:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48450

If your radio has a potentiometer for tuning then you could try using a vactrol attatched to the centre and one of the outer pins, but I think most radios have a variable capacitor for tuning.

2 Likes

What about the Field Kit? I’ve been considering one for a month or so… Actuators and contact mics would make great sample fodder, a CV-controllable FM radio is just the icing on the cake!

https://koma-elektronik.com/?product=field-kit

2 Likes

I was just about to say that!

Edit- no, I wasn’t

2 Likes

Thanks, I already made a diy vactrol to control a Monotron resonance! :slight_smile:
I tried but the pot is really old and weird, hard to know what the pins. I think I’ll try to find a simpler one.

Great for sure. I’m more on a 0€ budget. :wink:

I wanted to start with radio (9 - Connect 4), but I can’t so tonight I’ll try 11 - More Cowbells I wanted to do with MD ! 3 - Chain too maybe…

And you ?

1. Childhood Revisited
  2. The Spoken Word
  3. Chain gang
  4. Space cadet
  5. DJ OT - OctaDJ
  6. Remix yourself
  7. Classical - Orchestral Octatrack
  8. Pickup pickmeup
  9. Connect 4 - Musique Concrete
  10. Earworm jingle
  11. More Cowbell?