OT Science Lab - 1 year study - who’s up for it? [LAUNCHED]

I’m totally game for this one

I don’t know A4, but OT arrangement can be up to 256 rows of length and each project can host 8 arrangements. In addition, the pattern chains are quick to create as they said further back

1 Like

Waiting for OT to arrive next week :sunglasses:, I’ll try to participate as much as i can.

It is on!

https://www.elektronauts.com/files/477

Mods - any action required?

Special thanks to @sezare56 for the help :thup:

19 Likes

On it! Reading through the bits and bobs on my commute. Many thanks!

Happiness and best wishes to all who participate!

1 Like

This sounds like a lot of fun and :raised_hands: for all the hard work preparing the schedule of challenges, they all sound great… I think I’m in :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ummm… I can’t download the file. When I click on the link the wee download icon is greyed out… I noticed that problem before when I tried to download from the files section. Am I doing something silly or is it a query for one of the mods?

Anyway, a pre-emptive cheers to @darenager for sorting this all out. Looking forward to getting involved.

:thup:
I couldn’t recover the interesting data on my card. I just formated it so I have 16GB free space for the lab! :content:

1 Like

It works for me, here’s the direct link from the icon https://www.elektronauts.com/uploads/default/original/3X/5/2/520515543149e1cc6fd07e0f671c2bccf9904c9e.zip

4 Likes

This is great, thank you for this

1 Like

Big big thanks @darenager!!! Stoked to get started!

2 Likes

Just downloaded the materials…this doesn’t look daunting or anything :smirk_cat:

I’m producing a record for a few more days before we get a break, but will get on it as soon as possible!

Thanks again for all the hard work!

3 Likes

I feel that this will give me really good framework to get in to OT. Can’t wait to get started.
And huge thanks for putting this together!!!

1 Like

Thanks @darenager and @sezare56 for the hard work. Just downloaded the materal. I love the Lab-Notes … that document should be extended during and after the lab. Great source :+1:

I love particularly No. 9 - “Musique Concrete” and No. 12 - “Time traveller dice”. That was exactly something I hoped for to get myself out of my comfort zone and find new ideas for setups or even performances. No. 9 already inspired a first setup in my mind … just by reading … might be my first approach …

Great work, thanks :smiley:

2 Likes

@darenager Do you need anything special that would require a Mod action?
Everything’s fine, as far as I can tell.
:thup:

Maybe just change the title of the thread to indicate that something is on, and also edit the first post to access the link directly…
I suggest you use the direct link as given by @Anfim

2 Likes

Thanks for the work, looks great.
Hope I find enough time to complete them.

1 Like

The only thing I would like to add at this point is the suggestion of a new thread for the challenges. The first thread is @darenager and his very first post with all the course outlines. I fear this will get lost or reposted again and again.
As this is where the idea was born but the body of work should be seen as an entity unto itself (with darenagers outlines pioneering it as the OP) so it deserves its own thread.

That’s my suggestion, I hope I didn’t offend anyone. Take it or chop it :smile:

Once again, I doff my cap good sir. Soooooo on point!

5 Likes

Totally right, dear @HisMostDarxxxellent: I too think the current thread is meant to launch the idea, but that separate threads should be created for each of the 12 monkeys.

3 Likes

Ok cool, I added the direct link kindly posted by @Anfim in the first post, I was wondering whether to start a new thread with just an outline, the link to the files and a pointer to this thread but it probably isn’t necessary, I’m ok with it however suits you guys best :smile:

Thanks to everyone for posting and I hope you enjoy, I can’t wait to hear what we come up with :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I agree on seperate threads for each challenge. Makes much more sense.

2 Likes