OT scene select to Nord G2 variations - patch

For those with a Nord G2. attached is a controller patch which triggers variation changes in two G2 slots upon scene changes on OT.

Also maps Xfader to multiple morph groups.

Remaps CCs from one OT midi track to all G2 slots if required

I’m posting here, not electro-music, as it’s OT specific.

I have my G2 slots mapped to midi channels 11 to 14, with the controller patch set up for slot D (i.e. midi c 14).

I tried doing this more economically with multiplexer modules but without success. Anyway, it works, but would love to hear suggestions for improvements.

OCTATRK CNTRL.pch2 (3.7 KB)

3 Likes

Great idea! I’ll check this out (tomorrow i think).

1 Like

I also use the xfader for a morph :slight_smile: but didn’t think of using scene changes for variation changes.

1 Like

If you select scenes on Scene B, you need to Selects Scene A1 to return to Var 1 on the G2, Scene B1 won’t select Var 1 if a higher Scene slot has been triggered on Scene A. As I say, I’m sure the patch could be improved.

Had some spare time to check you’re patch. Nice!
Good idea for an engine to change variations, for a key version i just have the variation buttons in front of me :wink:

I use this for my my Xfade->morphs and i can select on which scene the morph works (i have this is slot A):

OT%20G2%20Morph-scenes

1 Like

Very neat way to turn the X-fade to morp on and off :thup:

Good idea for an engine to change variations, for a key version i just have the variation buttons in front of me

I’d like to see you switch (not x-fade) scenes on OT and variations on G2 simultaneously! :cheeky:

Oh you managed to create an extra hand :wink:

Greets OT and G2 users - I’m revisiting this issue and have posted a message and latest version of the patch on electro-music.com

OT - G2 variation switcher

1 Like