OT recording only one bar

Hi,
I am trying to do some basic stuff like resampling to another track. I have followed all the tutorials on YT on resampling and recording trigs and despite that every track and the whole project is set to 64 steps it records only 16 steps (one bar)
Here is what I did.

1. Dynamic recorders YES
  2. Source track and resample track both set to 64
  3. RLEN set to either 64 or max, doesn’t Mather, the same outcome.
  4. Memory is plenty left so no issue there. (resampling track set as flex machine)
  5. Place recording trig at beginning on resampled track. Turned it off after sequence start recording
  6. AB and CD inputs turned off. SRC 3 set to source track nr.
    This is the OT mk2
    What in heaven’s name am I doing wrong here?

Thank You for any suggestions

Piotr

Your playing track is 64 steps as well or you mean the final recording is really 16 steps only ?

Are you sure you don’t have a rec trig on each 1st beat of each bar ? (or a play trig for that matter)

6 Likes

That was the only thing I did not double check. :grinning:It is strange since I did not use the track before for resampling. Well, now I’ll know for sure to do that.
Thank You very much!!!

Fwiw in the personalise settings, you can switch that function off, so when you have multiple pages it doesn’t copy the trigs.

3 Likes

I ended up disabling it. I prefer to copy/paste manually: I ran into this sort of WTF moments a couple of times too. I don’t mess around with pattern lenghts during live performance anyway, at least for the time being (“Never Say Never” particularly applies to the Octatrack :wink: ).

4 Likes

Btw, page autocopy doesn’t work properly for midi pages. It doesn’t copy TRC, Trig counts, wrong microtiming.
Micro Timing not being copied when extending patterns

3 Likes

Good to know! Thank You!

1 Like

Yeah, I am having the OT only a couple weeks but everyday I am learning something new and I guess this was not my last WTF moment :slight_smile:

1 Like

In such cases it helps to open the Audio Editor and look at what’s happening in there: you can observe what the play cursor actually does, if the recording seems to be of the expected length, if the play cursor jumps/stops, where, how, repeatedly, seemingly random… really helps to determine the root cause of WTF behaviour.

1 Like