OT recording Midi CC on step 1

The Nord Modular G1 has a ‘send all midi cc’ button / function. It sends all the assigned Midi CC’s current settings. I used to Record this in Logic by pausing then arm-record and send-all-midi-cc from the NM and logic would record the midi-cc and the midi file had all the midi-cc values at the start of the bar. (Unfortunately no pause in Ableton)

Can OT REC multiple midi-cc precisely at the start of a pattern on step1?

Any advice appreciated- Cheers

Theorically 10 assigned CC max per track, recording on only 1 track. You can send the CC request precisely on step 1 or last step, on another track.
@Burpy you have a G1 no?

1 Like

A G2, but it has the same functionality i think. Clever way of ‘storing’ a patch, but never used it. (G2 has 8 variations per patch which you can select with one CC).

2 Likes

If you don’t send that many CC’s it should be possible. But you have to know which cc’s or at least set those cc’s on the OT (midi learn) before you do the request/dump. So not that immidiate as with Logic.

1 Like

Ah so limit the NordMod assignments to 10 Midi-CC’s - easy done cheers

Then looking at live recording Midi-CC’s on specific steps - such as step 1 at the start of a pattern

There is a function / button that you press and it sends all the assigned Midi-CC’s in the NordMod patch. So if I can pause in record mode you can record with precision

Don’t know if pause in record mode will work, but you can record p-locks

1 Like

Yes, holding a trig.

1 Like

Aha obviously, but I meant you can record CCs on 1 step, holding a trig.

1 Like

@sezare56 You know what I find amazing. You not only answer other peoples questions and dilemmas but you also answer your own…with answers … are you arguing with yourself here?

haha. You’re awesome

1 Like

No!

Yes! :loopy:
Busy with crazy childrens screaming / running / crying !
I found my answer after @Burpy a bit ridiculous and incomplete. I don’t know if he meant this too, but I think you can plock incoming CCs holding a trig.

2 Likes

Exactly what i meant :slight_smile:

1 Like

You know I was just playing. I got up the other morning and was reading the forum with the tea in hand. Just the way the replies were was comical. I enjoyed it. Thanks for being another father to the ot while actually being a real one

2 Likes