OT Quick Mute to mute other (autonomously sequenced) Elektron instruments?

Hey guys,

so I got the A4 and DN slaved to the OT but still use their individual sequences.

I was wondering if I somehow could somehow still mute the A4 and the DN with the right hand yellow lights in the quick mute mode?

So is it somehow possible to send CC94 with value 0 is sent to e.g. A4 (e.g. to Midi Channel 1 which corresponds with A4’s track one) as soon as I hit the first midi mute button on OT?

Cheers!

unfortunately I don’t think you can do that unless you have some sort of MIDI translation in between (think Bomebox, etc.)
that’s one of the reasons I decided to sequence my A4 with the OT (another big reason beeing no multipliers in A4)
I’m about to sell my A4 though… macro controls is probably what I’ll miss the most, so awesome for live performance!

2 Likes

This thread might help Sending Midi mutes to RYTM and A4

Have you tried sending a custom LFO to CC94 that will become active and move away from 0 when you unmute its midi track?

2 Likes

Yeah, that may be an idea. I just got a Pi-sound with midi in and out … maybe if I have some free time I’d program something for that.
Though, I just hooked the OT (with controls INT+EXT) up to a midi monitor and it does not even send midi signals when hitting the quick mute buttons that I could redirect to CC94…

So there goes that…

1 Like

Yeah - I’ve seen this thread… though I think there is no real solution to this problem.

Just to write it down and consolidate the idea:
I default a value to of CC94 to 0 (Muted), set up an LFO that is constant >=1 (unmuted).
Therefore, as soon as i mute the midi-track, the LFO is not applied anymore and it jumps back to the default 0 value…
Might work… I’ll report back!

Thank you @Anfim :slight_smile: