OT OTW (on the way)

Not surprised, I was expecting you would have sold it​:grinning::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1:

1 Like

Nice rug! Great photos!

1 Like

Adding an update.

After I sold my OT I got an MPC Live 2, and have had it for a few weeks.
For what I was trying to do, the MPC has been a better fit.

I have the MPC fully integrated into my studio setup, the ability to send audio/midi/clock over USB to the MPC software made this pretty easy.

The ability to unplug the power, and USB cable, and then take it with me is awesome. I found this portability to be far more valuable than I anticipated. Maybe it’s just the “honey moon” period, but being able to go outside when it’s nice, is refreshing. Yes, it’s kind of big and clunky, but that hasn’t stopped me from taking it with me.

4 Likes

I’m new to MPCs so would you mind expanding on what it does well compared to the OT?

Sure. There is a whole thread where many people weigh in on that topic (Octatrack vs Mpc), but I can tell you my recent and personal comparison of both.

My main use case was that I needed something to record guitar that I could take with me. I wanted something where I can add drums, bass, synth, vocals, etc. and I wanted it to be fun to explore.

What I found with the MPC is that the sampling was easier, esp for longer recordings.
It was easier to record a few mins of guitar, play it back, and record over it.
The OT can do this too, but it had more steps and complexity. While “complexity” sounds bad, it’s that complexity that also makes the OT an endless device, so it really depends on what you are doing.

Overall the MPC is more approachable and straight forward than the OT for what I was doing.

Does that help?

1 Like

Makes sense, thanks. I’ve been loving the Octatrack for a while now but ordered an MPC One just to see what’s on the other side.