OT//New way to transition between tracks like Ableton- Help please

Ahh yes.

Recording perfect loops on the OT isn’t that hard and saves you a lot of frustration. Good luck!

1 Like

Recoder trigs are for automated sampling. When grid recording is active (red led on), press [Function] + [Bank] to open the track trig menu.

Go to REC TRG with arrow down and you can enter trigs, that will start sampling for the recorder buffer on that track. You can place a one shot recorder trig when you hold [Function] and press a trig button, now sampling will start and the one shot recorder trig needs to be re-armed. Press the trig to re-arm (there are also other ways of re-arming one shot trigs).
If you have set the recorder to capture 64 steps (recording setup), OT will capture a perfect loop.

Check ‘Recorder Trig Sampling’ (Mk1 pdf manual 49, Mk2 pdf manual 48) and ‘Trig Types’ (Mk1 pdf manual page 67, Mk2 in the manual 66).

4 Likes

So now that onto the next step with this Ableton type method of performance I noticed that was trying to set up the different patterns in Part 4 Banks A. I copied and pasted the pattern from Bank A01 and pasted it to all sixteen so that all the individual settings would carry over from the video and wouldn’t need to be manually set up each time.

I’m having a strange thing happen now… for instance, I’m in bank A pattern 1 (A01) and have the T1 sound set to BD01.wav. now I switch to bank A pattern 2 (A02) I should be able to change the sound of T1 to a different sound in my list like BD31.wav. with no change to T1 in (A01). But as soon as I make the change in A02 and go back to A01 it changes it there too! If i go to A03 and change it for some reason that one is able to change independently but the rest of the other 14 patterns T1 changes when to whatever I select for that sample in any of the pattern locations for that bank… It’s supposed to be like the DT right where each pattern is its own and can have all different sounds without affecting the other patterns. It’s not making any sense at all… I swear its always something keeping me from making progress lol

Sample to track assignments are not saved with a pattern. They are saved per part.

So you need to manage your parts.
Or use sample locks per step on your patterns.

3 Likes

Incorrect. The OT does not work like this.

I’ll have to see how to use sample locks per step perhaps that might be what I was looking for in terms of functionality. Thanks again!

Easy, hold down a trig, turn the level knob, your sample slots list will show up. Lock your chosen sample .

1 Like