OT mkii Pickup Machine doesn't playback after rests/stops

Greetings Elektronauts. I started live looping with my OT mkii the other day but have been have the reoccurring problem of pickup machine recordings not playing after breaks/stops. They only play after the initial recording. I will select “AED” and can still view the recordings, but I have to re-record just to keep my loops moving. What can I do to make sure the recordings always playback on my pickup machines? I cannot place triggers on pickup machines so I am lost. I would appreciate the help greatly! Thanks so much!

You can play them again with RECCD/REC2 (check QREC and QPLAY settings).
With Track + Tempo you can sync a Pickup track to play it when you press Play.
You can play the Pickup recordings with Flex.

:sleeping_bed:

1 Like

Thank you for that! It syncs the pickup machine but only one track at a time for me. Is there a way to have 2 or more pickup machines sync/play back everytime as a loop?

It syncs the Master Pickup only.
Track recorders + Flex, or…don’t stop!

Thanks for the clarification sezare56. Might you have any alternative suggestions for someone like me who would like to track say 2-3 synths into AB-CD and loop live? While being able to pause and repeat with all tracks playing in sync? I would greatly appreciate any tips you might have!

Yes. It’s above, Recorders + Flex.
You can quantize recordings with REC SETUP 2 > QREC

1 Like

Could you maybe explain Track recorders + Flex to me? I am not sure what track recorders are unfortunately. I would love to try this method out if you would kindly summarize for me. Thanks again!

Track recorders are also used for Pickups! But I that case they are linked to the track / machine. Check the manual for more details.

You have access to 8 recorders, 1 per track.
You can find their recordings in the slots RECORDING 1-8 of Flex slots.

You can activate recorders with the 3 Rec buttons (Quantize in REC SETUP 2), or with rec trigs in REC SETUP 1 (you can use One Shot rec trigs).

Play the recordings with a Flex machine, with corresponding RECORDING 1-8 slot.

The recordings can be played on any track, any step. Not simple, practice needed.

Monitoring with DIR, a Thru track. Also possible to monitor with the Flex with rec trigs > pattern change to stop recording.
(Not a tutorial, just giving an idea of possibilities).

2 Likes

Will do! Thanks so much for breaking that down for me :slight_smile:

1 Like