OT mk1 help with filter

Hey all, I’m delving a little further into the OTMK1, using it as a mixer/effects/sample playback for a show next month.

I came across something that seems odd to me. The filter distortion is causing other thru machines to overdrive as well? No neighbor tracks or anything. Say I turn up distortion for the 303, the drums on C D also distort/get hotter. I have the first pattern as part one, and the second pattern as part 2

Possible clipping? Try lowering the track levels, see if that helps.

Btw, a few helpful threads about gain staging on OT:

4 Likes

Thanks, I’ll definitely give it a try later tonight and see if it helps. I definitely haven’t done any real gain staging in there yet

How is your stuff routed? did you accidentally assign the 303’s input to the thru track where you’re adjusting the filter gain, as well as the drums? It seems like an obvious thing but that’s also the exact kind of thing that’s easy to do on the OT and then miss when you’re troubleshooting because it’s such an obvious thing you don’t actually think to check it. Those are always the sort of things I miss.

1 Like

I have the 303 routed to A, the rytm kick to B, and the stereo drums C D

Right, but on the thru track in question, are you sure you only have inputs C and D assigned? not A, B, master, cue or another track?

2 Likes

I’m fairly certain unless there’s somewhere I can assign that aside from the first page of each channel