OT Midi Patch Change Issues

Hi there, on one of my projects I have a Synth(JU-06) that is having issues changing patches when I change banks on the OT. The Midi Channel/Bank/Patch are all set correctly(Different patches per bank, not using parts) ,the Synth just doesn’t seem to be listening to the prog change. I also have a Sub 37 that changes patch every bank no problem. On another project the JU-06 changes patches without issue. It is on Midi Channel 2 on all of the projects.

Why are the patches not changing?

have you tried diff bank numbers? the OT may no be sending on what the R is expecting, happens with waldorf

also, you have enabled prog ch: in midi settings of OT?

when you change bank the machine is still set to the same midi channel etc>? i know i know what you will say but every step to be covered, process of elimination as prog ch. is a simple affair

Hi J.m,

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried different bank numbers in midi note setup, the project that the synth patch does work on they are all on bank zero, but I have tried other banks in midi note setup on the project with issues with no results.

Program change send in on.

Machine is still set to the right Midi channel.

My sub 37 and TR-8s both work with the program changes etc.

I have tried putting a different part on the first pattern of a new bank and that does not work, although if I change the part on the second pattern it will change the synth patch from the first pattern to the second.

Any other suggestions? I’m on update 1.30C

It’s not the synth. See this thread:

Update- I have succeeded in having the Octatrack change the patch of the JU-06 by removing the TR-8S’s midi channel. The TR-8S seems to cancel out the patch change of the JU-06. Now the issue is making them both play nicely. JU-06 was on midi channel 2 and the TR-8S was on Midi channel 13. Is this because Roland uses the same CC message for patch change on multiple devices? I am relieved about fixing my initial issue but I’m still not able to do what I’d like to with the OT.