OT MIDI clock output resolution

Yes, it is easy, but they do not provide any detailled info on the steps they’ve taken in any way that allow you to repeat and confirm their findings. It also seems like they varied testing method between different pieces of kit.

Also, you really want to know about jitter in terms of the distribution of the offsets; just reporting a single value in ms is pretty meaningless.

you can analyse the jitter offsets over any lenght of time and easily identify whether it’s a random set of anomalies or a cyclic/periodical event. maybe it’s hidden on the new site… it was there at the initial launch time of the syncshift etc. ill try to dig it up…

So I bought the Tempest and have found T & OT clock is stable…regardless of which is master or slave.

Setup explained here:
http://dsiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7577&p=67694#p67694

So what is the better between OT or AR as master clock ? :slight_smile:

For me it’s definitely OT as master, especially if you record audio loops. Otherwise their length is not perfectly tempo accurate.
Same with slices, it may be clicky if slaved…

1 Like

And if you had a Pyramid (I’m awaiting mine) would you still use the OT as master clock? I’m seriously planning to use the Pramid as centerpiece of my set up which makes sense to me.

Why not? Pyramid does midi only so slight tempo variations may don’t matter for it…

Thanks a lot !

Hah! Don’t say that on the Squarp forum, there are discussions going on about stability of clock and microtiming of midi events…it’s not a step sequencer, so people care about that (including myself) :wink:

2 Likes