OT Known Bugs & Workarounds Document

Where can i find the bug list?

There are loads of non pickup bugs too :frowning:

Here was an attempt, still needs some loveā€¦
https://www.elektronauts.com/t/ot-known-bugs-workarounds-document/8475

1 Like

Thanks!

Itā€™s been mentioned recently that the OT is still supported, sort of inferring we could get another fix. Also, I just filled a bug report that was confirmed, and was told that theyā€™d pass the info to devs who have been busy with new products, that the OT still needs some love. No guarantees but itā€™s not over yetā€¦

Edit: This is why I feel if lots of us file bug reports soon maybe itā€™ll tip the scale and get some attentionā€¦

About the pre-sliced sample bug ticket you sent, it has to be fixed, among others. Working things canā€™t be bugged after an update.

Maybe an ā€˜acknowledged bugs onlyā€™ thread? Just to pull together the stuff we can reasonably expect

Simon mentioned in the recent massive IRC meetup late January that an OT bug release is pending. No indication of which bugs. He also mentioned no new features will be added from hereon in, only bug fixes.

2 Likes

26 posts were split to a new topic: OT bugs heated side discussion [closed]

The OT is incredible and I love it for what it does. Itā€™s just that every time I leave the comfort zone of my saved project state, I seem to run into issue after issue. Try it yā€™all. Set up new patterns, parts, recorder buffers in different banks, different machines, etc, switching back and forth between them, on the fly no holds barred experimenting with the sequencer goingā€¦ Every time I do that I run into all sorts of issues and usually get stopped in my tracksā€¦ What I am suggesting is that the OT may have a lot more bugs than it seems but as the user defines a working project and doesnā€™t stray to far from it, it seems like itā€™s bug free. Iā€™m keeping my OT whether thereā€™s more updates or not, itā€™s that good at what it can do, but man thereā€™s still a few buggers squirmin round in thereā€¦

1 Like

I think the worst bug is the one where you simply create an empty project and then do the most obvious thing: assign a sample to track 1, slot 1

It gets assigned to some other slot, even some other machine!

(Something to do with the a slot/machine you were using on your previous project)

Itā€™s bad user experience right off the bat.

I actually think the OTs buggy as all get out, but itā€™s probably my favorite piece of gear anyway!

1 Like

Iā€™m really interested in recreating this one if this is the case. Please contact support with more details.

1 Like

Hi Olle,

I love seeing people from Elektron team in these threadsā€¦

I still have a bug with pickup machines scene-locks not working and FXs being messed up when switching parts, I donā€™t know if it is a known bugā€¦ I made some threads on this forum some months ago.

If I contact elektron support, knowing Iā€™m running OS 1.25E, will the team ask me to update to 1.25H?

I donā€™t really want to update to 1.25H because I downgraded from H to E because I had more bugs with H and some wise people here told me E was the most reliable (and useable with OctaEdit ah ah)ā€¦

I feel a bit stuck with this problem. My workaround is NOT to use scene-locks on my pickup tracks ah ahā€¦ not a workaround!

Iā€™m new to Elektron community, but in the past I have had bad experiences with filling support tickets (access, ableton, native instrumentsā€¦), feeling this was totally useless, like shouting in the wind, and I have no spare time to wasteā€¦

should I contact support with my 1.25E OS bug?

Some would argue that the added features were just getting the OT up to the level originally promised.

I donā€™t want to rehash old arguments, just point out that the original release was far from complete or solid.

Just for the record, I was an original purchaser and currently own 2 OTs, so itā€™s not like I am lacking first hand experience with the ups and downs of life with the OT.

Does Elektron consider the Pickup Machine not working the same when the OT is a slave to be a bug?

1 Like

I recently got another Octatrack and upated to 1.2H - was this a bad move? Iā€™ve been having issues with samples not playing, on a random basis with no obvious reason. Powering off and on fixes which suggests thereā€™s a bug somewhere but Iā€™ve yet to find a consistent cause. Would 1.2E be better?

The Octatrack? Or OSv1.25H :smiley_cat:

Probably memory related bugsā€¦ are you using pickup machines / recorder buffers? If so, then Iā€™d suggest going down to OSv1.25E and dealing with the Flex Preview Bug instead of the new shiny OSv1.25H onesā€¦

I use OSv1.25E personally; but also use OSv1.25H for support.

Edit: Youā€™ve got my email if you need anything / further clarificationā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t use Pickup machines but do use record buffers. I noticed in a few of my old projects that simply hitting play brought up the ā€˜mem fullā€™ message almost instantly but although I looked for recorder trigs on all tracks, didnā€™t find any.
Still getting used to it again though so itā€™s hard to differentiate user ignorance from possible anomaly.

Itā€™s been a few years since I had an OT and I naively expected it to be bug-free by now. Will try 1.25E, thanks.

I donā€™t think it is a waste of time at all. We are skilled, friendly and quite quick to reply depending on the time of the week. Recreating and logging bugs is a really important part of our job and I appreciate and value every one that takes time to report issues.

For a bug to get past us to the developers it needs to be reproducible, otherwise it is just a story and while it gets investigated it will not be reported as a bug until several users reports the same behaviour.

For example:

This is not a bug yet. This is a story. It can be a user error, a conceptual error, a hardware fault or something external affecting it. There is more information and investigation needed since it did not happen to me the 10 times I just tried with these instructions. Iā€™m not dismissing your report at all but we need to find a way to recreate it.

A lot of reported ā€œbugsā€ are not bug but user errors. We all have a very different idea of how the unit shall work. There can be a lot of pride in people in this industry and when reporting an issue we all(including me) need to have our mind set to that we can be wrong or that there are other limitations or concepts that can cause these issues.

Last I want to say. Even though I lurk and read almost every post here the forum is not the way to report bugs. Collect, discuss, challenge(really important) each others stories and then report to support. A story or anecdote that cannot be confirmed needs to be looked at with caution as itā€™s a good way to spread rumours.

This is a good story that has value. I have my suspicions and a project where it happens every time is good place to start. (PM me or create a case)

Cheers,
Olle

7 Likes

Will do, should get some studio time later today, cheers.

3 Likes