OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

I am begging for a way to disable the pickup machine from changing the tempo. Please!!!

Proper handling of the machine won’t change the tempo but will make a loop perfectly in time.

@colaba - preset the rec length in page 1 of the rec settings and the Q parameters in page 2, that’ll do it

None destructive step mutes, maybe a hold down to erase or use shift instead of loosing all locks and notes.

(been saying this since getting my first monomachine 7yrs ago)

A new pickup machine that works more like the MDUW.

User ‘force to’ scales on the arp.

After a few gigs with the OT, mostly pretty happy. My list of things that I would have thought easy to implement:

• MIDI CC Scenes (I’m sure that’s been mentioned a lot, even just 1 param per scene to not overload the bus would be fantastic)

• One-Shot MIDI trigs

• Quantize to note lengths (ie quantize to microtiming other than 0)

• Reverbs: select between ‘Mix’ and ‘Send’ (as on the delay)

• Mutes: per track selection, ‘Trigs’, ‘Pre-FX’, ‘Post-Fader’

• Fader Curves

• ‘Chain After’ can be set to keep same sequencer position rather than resetting to beginning of next pattern

• Oh, yes and a basic PC file editor - nothing like overbridge, but just to make edits to projects while in USB mode. This could go a long way towards reducing some of the more tedious operations.

If anyone has workarounds for any of these, I’d be grateful!

One of the above I can do.

Another one, well… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This is already there for the Plate and Dark reverbs - Spring doesn’t have it. It’s in the effect setup page, so double-tap the relevant FX button and look for the MIXF setting in the bottom right.
Are you on the latest version? Maybe this was in an update.

Elaborate?

[quote="“brendanclarke”"]

Elaborate?[/quote]
One of the above I can do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TsyjjnGqf8

Another one, well… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: : OctaEdit

Parts to Send / Receive Midi CC.

That video is not very helpful. Can you describe what’s going on?

That’s useful! Good to know someone’s taken it up, even though it really seems like something Elektron should be on top of themselves.

I know you can use parts to flash different MIDI parameters, but apart from some tricky things like using it to toggle notes by turning a synth’s arp on and off, it’s much more cumbersome as a dynamic performance element than scenes and one-shots.

This is already there for the Plate and Dark reverbs - Spring doesn’t have it. It’s in the effect setup page, so double-tap the relevant FX button and look for the MIXF setting in the bottom right.
Are you on the latest version? Maybe this was in an update.[/quote]
Ah, that’s great! I was using spring when I looked, and have made an ass umption to the rest of them. Cheers!

this thread is eternal and full of awesome ideas…

had one myself the other.

variable state trigs.

functions like a one shot trig but has two states - one that plays normally, the other that plays when the track is active (like one shot trig)

be pretty nice for variations etc.

brothers gotta dream

A timestretch mode that still follows the BPM but only changes the speed with no other pricessing - like an additional, automatic rate control, on top of the existing rate control and the pitch.

Seriously, I don’t have any hope left that Elektron will make huge developments for the OT, just occasional bugfixes…

Scenes should also be able to control Parameter locks of single steps

These will have been mentioned but in case elektron are paying any attention I’ll second -

Audio tracks Sequencer recording note off/note length. So what you play in chromatic mode etc is what you hear back. If I only hold a note for a second when I record, when I listen back I don’t want that note/sample to play through until the next trig. Without this standard function recording a simple melodic phrasing of different length notes/trigs involves a ton of work and ends up totally unnatural.

Clicks/pops… Slices/resampled bars/loops/chromatic… There’s no excuse for encountering so many clicks/pops in standard workflow. Fin/fout doesn’t often help or makes fades too audible. I’ve only had the OT a few days but I’ve already repeatedly had to ignore what I ‘want’ to do and go with the option with no clicks/pops

Slice to transient. Doesn’t seem like a difficult option to implement? Sample chains are ok (besides the clicks and pops) but the time spent creating them sucks… As does manual slicing when I’m looking at a drum pattern etc that has super clear transients jumping out at me that could easy be snapped to…

Threshold auto-recording. Super obvious feature for any sampler with line inputs…

Is the “ALIGN MARKERS TO ZERO-CROSSES?” option when creating a slice grid insufficient for your needs?

Is the “ALIGN MARKERS TO ZERO-CROSSES?” option when creating a slice grid insufficient for your needs?[/quote]
Dang, noob error! I thought that the align to zero crossings option was just a feature ‘post’ slicing sample chain grids or resampling… Like to tidy things up. Think it was the fact that you pre-command the number of slices in grid that throw me… Going to be random number if slices for a drum loop etc so I assumed entering number for grid would always cut everything at even intervals. Didn’t realise you could use it to actually auto chop a full loop with un-evenly spaced transients. Still digging through the manual, only had OT a few days. Blown away by it on the whole, just a few things bugging me. Hoping most of those iron themselves out/not too cumbersome workarounds, when I have the machine sussed…

Elaborate?[/quote]
One of the above I can do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TsyjjnGqf8

Another one, well… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: : OctaEdit[/quote]

nice cat 8)