OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

absolutely great would be an implementation of some sort of a

Track Direction Page

like it is implemented in the fantastic SEQ V4 by Thorsten Klose.
This would open up heaps of possibilities…

read more about it here (scroll down to the topic “Track Direction Page”):
http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_seq_manual_m.html

Gate trig mode, it would invert the mute state of the selected channel while the trig is pressed…
Shouldn’t be hard to implement, and would offer a lot of flexibility performance-wise. (the dual trig press is awkward, and does not always end the way you intended, sometimes it registers as only one press, resulting in error…)

Non-realtime DSP effects for OT wave editor with ability to add yours (according to API). Something like Composers Desktop Project, Rubberband Timestretch or Akaizer.

God knows how long I’ve been waiting for this!
Honestly, this is really ALL I need the OT to do…
Please Elektron, add a ‘re-pitch’ algorithm in the time stretch options ala Ableton, so we can regain some fidelity in our samples, pleeeeeeease!

I was surprised to learn that I cannot use an external controller to control the trig buttons in other trigmodes.

For example, if I have the ‘slices’ trig mode on the octatrack why can’t I use an external controller to control the ‘delay’ trigmode.

And while I am here, why does the delay effect have to always come after the filter? I would like to be able to filter the delays.

Thank you

The workarounds to this are:
[ul]
[li]use the high-pass and low-pass filters that are built into the delay effect, or[/li]
[li]use a filter effect on another track that uses a NEIGHBOR machine to listen to the delayed track[/li]
[/ul]

I’d like to have a machine that sacrifices 2 , 3, or even 4 tracks for one polyphonic track .
Like track 1 , 2 , 3 and 4 could be turned into 1 polyphonic track by choosing the polyphonic machine on track 1 , and track 5 6 7 and 8 would act as normal .
The machine could be called “polyflex” or something like that .

Easy ones:

• Activate/Deactivate Metronome through [BANK] + [TEMPO]
  • Pickup machine - be able to overdub with other pitch than default (0.0) ala Ableton Looper.
  • Enable trig lock FX on Master Track.
  • Distortion on the AMP page.

And of course some of the already mentioned features:

• Gate FX
  • The ability to save instrument templates for the midi tracks.
  • Delay on FX1 slot to be able to combine it with a reverb on FX2.

And why not add a GANG mode + better visualisation of steps like the Sequential Cirklon for easier editing of steps and trig locks:

:+1:
and a programmer @HQ only for OS Updates for the OT

You mean storing the settings of each midi track, for easy reload on new projects?

You mean storing the settings of each midi track, for easy reload on new projects?
[/quote]
Yes. It has been mentioned before by others in this thread but it´s worth mentioning again.

Ability to turn off time stretching and tempo master/slave in pickup machines.

A click track of pulses that can be routed to an output for syncing modular gear.

Right now, you have to use an entire track for this purpose, unless I’m mistaken.

Others have said it, so i will jusy say it louder:

TURN OFF TIMESTRETCHING.

I hate that grating noise.

I have been able to clock my modular with the metronome routed to the cue outs (and not routed to mains), no extra track needed, though it does take up a Cue out.

[/quote]
Yes. It has been mentioned before by others in this thread but it´s worth mentioning again.[/quote]
Cool. Duly noted.

For MKII version :wink: or maybe possible through the Compact Flash card.

Instruments and FX’s from third party suppliers inside the OT. Whooop! Whoop!

1 Like

allow overdubbing in pickup machines regardless of playback speed or direction

tape delay (for all Elektron Machines) for real dub techno flavor :wink:

1 Like