OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

That could be good yes! …anyway to have one scene with the part default parameters will do the trick. (just to make it simpler for Elektron’s guys :P)

^ this please - much needed

• more modes on the arpeggiator : updown, downup, down & up, up & down, converge, diverge, etc…like the one in ableton

• also for the arpeggiator : more than major or minor : exotic, pentatonic, etc…

• a dedicated looper effect, something in between the pickup machine and an echo freeze that could take at least a full bar to repeat. That would save dedicated tracks for looping purposes.

-Granular Sampler machine

A shortcut to trig a specific trig immediately rather than waiting for the sequencer to arrive at its position.

For example I have a trig with some locks on step 5. I hold some key combination down and press that trig. Let’s say the sequencer’s running on step 10 and there’s no trig there, but when I press that trig on step 5, it’s going to trig that as if it were occuring right here at step 10. None of the sequence data is changed, everything is left intact, it’s just trigged one time out of the usual sequence.

I don’t think this will be too invasive to usual operation. The only thing that I can think of that might be a little funky is the slides but they can probably just be interrupted.

Some applications:

• Previewing what a particular trig sounds like (very useful when you are utilizing lots of locks)
  • Trigging one-shot trigs whenever you feel like it - storing them between the regular trigs
  • Use on MIDI tracks to recall CC “presets” on trigless trigs. Handy for things like Nord Modular
  1. Send option on the Spring reverb fx like there is on the dark reverb so I can dub properly!! Surely this is very easy to implement?

2. Better delay! Seems very odd to have to pan the part to be able to have a ping pong delay…I would love a delay that is more space echo like…

Why no Mix/Send option on the Spring delay?!

Assignable BPM’s for different Patterns!

Plz!!!

some of these have def been mentioned before…
but my wishes after being an octatrack owner for about 6 months…

midi parameter slides… i like to sequence some CC stuff with the octatrack for hardware synths… would be nice if the parameters didnt step…

polyphonic trig record in midi mode…

Hit point detection slicing, i use cubase and you can slice a break perfectly in about 5 seconds flat… a threshold for the detection would make it even more functional

a machine that chains sample tracks for polyphonic playback, from a
single master track…

Volume knob assignable to the headphones or master…

Granular Machine…

A bit more flavour in regards to distortion FXs, some more algorithms would be nice…

A performance mode… Something to centralise assign controls for multiple tracks, so there is no need to change pages, while playing…

A gate would be nice…

An internal FX send track… using track 7 say for a send FX… i realise you could do this with the CUE but would be nice to just do it internally and keep those outputs and inputs free…

Being able to use and assign the crossfader with midi mode… i sequence some hardware synth sometimes with the octatrack and it would be nice to control the CC parameters ive assigned with the crossfader…

Envelope follower would be nice for assigning as a mod source… Say allow one of the LFOs to be set as ENV…

All that said i really like the octatrack … :slight_smile:

a button or menu-combination to instant delete a sample

I’d love it if the spatializer could be loaded with mid-side parameters p-lockable instead of in the setup screen.
I would make some much use of this!

I’m puzzled as to why the Octatrack cannot do instant tempo changes within projects when switching to different patterns, pattern banks, or scenes. It seems like an extremely basic feature.

It also bugs me you can’t play multiple samples at once when using the slots keyboard. You should be able to trigger at least 8 samples simultaneously seeing as how the Octatrack is already capable of that…

Being able to use a pad controller in combination with the slots keyboard on the OT would be amazing. I think it’s a reasonable request.

By and large I am completely happy with my Octatrack, it does nearly everything I want it to and easily for the most part. I have found one feature that would come in very handy for me though, and it seems like it could be fairly easy to implement but I’m no expert-

Pannable Metronome. The ability to pan the metronome would free up an additional output for those of us using the metronome to sync with other musicians. Right now, since I need the click, I am restricted to only 2 outputs of click-free audio. That third track would be a game changer for me, and I bet I am not the only one.

Anyway thanks for a great product, keep em’ coming. :+1:

three things I’ve thought of lately…

1. indication of parameter-locations for p-locks when you hold down a trig
    would be cool to see which pages you have locked parameters from in the same way as with scenes…

2. Scenes to cue level in studio mode.

3. some kind of personalize menu (or a key combo…) - toggling (on/off) : when in live rec mode, tweaking knobs, only lock to trigs, and not make trigless locks between trigs - sortof MD mode…

let’s hope elektron put some focus here after overbridge is launched… these threads are goldmines of improvements…

in the midi sequencer, it would be nice if you could do a program change per trig… kind of like the sample lock function in the audio section

One thing
save the tempo on each pattern
Please

I was playing with the Plays Free mode the other night and wished that during playback there was a clear indication which tracks were playing and which weren’t. Like having the 1st 8 trigs lit / unlit or something.

I know you can see what’s playing in the LCD with the stop / play icons per track but they’re so small and can’t really be seen at a glance (ie: when playing live).

Track Labels - the ability to edit the name of the track, for both midi and regular tracks.

Love the Octatrack so not much I’d really want.

1. BPM per pattern
  2. Easier pattern switching by a new trig mode and/or midi command next/previous.

That would be fantastic for live as I’m playing synth at the same time.

I don’t mind the pattern switching as it is but having read your post about the OT Lead 4 set up I can see where you’re coming from!

When using multiple Elektron boxes I really appreciate the way the OT handles things.

But, I would like some sort of bpm control for sure.

+100 for bmp per pattern.per bank would be also great!!
and other stuff…