OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

Great suggestion!

Like the A4 cookbook or Merlin’s ‘thoughts on the octatrack’ a document like is a great companion to the manual. I’ll add my two-chorus-in-series trick!

i like that next and previous patterns idea.
i agree about the fx, the lofi one took me forever to find what i liked. a lot of them come alive when modulated too and it’s not easy to make effects that don’t break when heavily modulated. most of my computer plugins i can freak out if i try doing the same. even if it was in blocks of two i think it’d help if we could save effect settings - make our own presets.

+1 on the next/previous pattern CCs

I would also like to see the crossfader to work when the active track is a MIDI track. Currently missing in the MIDI CCs. If I have a MIDI track that I’m live recording (audio going into Thru machine on audio track) I would like to be able to use the crossfader to affect the audio tracks just like happens when the active track is an audio track.

My wish:

OneShot Trigs armed precisely by pressing the trig you want to arm.

Right now pressing whatever OneShot will arm All, so gets triggered the first encountered by the sequencer

Maybe update chromatic mode so we can change notes up to 4 - 5 octaves and with the letters c,d,e,f,g,a,b not only as pitch so we can easily make some melodies on some tracks like in midi mode.the pitch is ok for loops but when you have a synth sound for example you want the notes.i thing is a basic and simple function to change the notes properly please update when you can love elektron sound : - )

Great idea !

I wish the goddamned one shot recorder trigs would turn themselves off after having recorded whatever it is that they were set to record - at least there should be an option for them to do so. I bloody hate recording over some stuff I thought I had recorded and having to trackback because of the damned recorder trigs still being on.

Makes the recording of MIDI-parts process so fiddly and annoying. :angry:

maybe disable double stop arming? it’s in the personalize menu, if that’s when you’re having trouble.

maybe disable double stop arming? it’s in the personalize menu, if that’s when you’re having trouble.[/quote]
The problem is really that I forget to turn off the one shot recorder trigs after having recorded, and then recording over the material that I had already recorded. Disabling the stop-stop arming didn’t work in that regard, but thanks for the suggestion!
I wish the one shot recorder trig would disable itself (or turn itself off) after having recorded one session, so that I wouldn’t have to worry about the trig being active and then re-recording stuff that it’s not supposed to record.

maybe disable double stop arming? it’s in the personalize menu, if that’s when you’re having trouble.[/quote]
The problem is really that I forget to turn off the one shot recorder trigs after having recorded, and then recording over the material that I had already recorded. Disabling the stop-stop arming didn’t work in that regard, but thanks for the suggestion!
I wish the one shot recorder trig would disable itself (or turn itself off) after having recorded one session, so that I wouldn’t have to worry about the trig being active and then re-recording stuff that it’s not supposed to record.[/quote]
How are they getting re-armed ? A one shot recorder trig does disable itself on first pass…and then needs to be re-armed. Am I misunderstanding something ?

I wish the one shot recorder trig would disable itself (or turn itself off) after having recorded one session, so that I wouldn’t have to worry about the trig being active and then re-recording stuff that it’s not supposed to record.[/quote]
How are they getting re-armed ? A one shot recorder trig does disable itself on first pass…and then needs to be re-armed. Am I misunderstanding something ?[/quote]
Well, I thought that was the point of them too, but it appears that the one shot recorder trigs does indeed re-arm whenever I press play (If I forget to turn them off). At least they seem to behave that way, unless there is something else I’m fucking up. They seem to be one shot recorder trigs in that they will only record say one loop (or whatever length I set it to record) and then not record over the record buffer when the loop loops, but if I press stop and then starts the loop again, it will re-record.

Well that shouldn’t be happening.

Double stop with the sequencer stopped will re-arm all one shots unless disabled in the personalize settings as mentioned above.

Power cycling the OT will do the same.

Then there’s the various methods outlined on P80 of the manual.

I’ll double check the behaviour my end when I get a chance…

does anyone else think it’s weird that neighbor track amp settings don’t matter? personally i’d find this super useful, like with parts because you could use neighbor tracks to gate patterns. it’d be good with the compressor too, i think.

yeah, it would be cool if it wasn’t such a hard link, meaning I could mute the main track or the neighbor, adjust volume of each, etc etc…

however, knowing what a neighbor track is, that probably won’t ever change and for what it is doing, it makes sense that any sort of volume or muting you do on the track above the neighbor (end) is the one that matters

Track volumes and scene assignments stored in pattern.

Any chance you’re hitting Enter/Yes at some point? That rearms oneshots if you’re in play mode.

+1 …if it is optional per pattern …and if you can override it after of course.

I really hope they optimize the way odd time signatures are handled at some point… ability to record an arbitrary number of steps, slice a grid of an arbitrary size, set number of steps per page of a pattern, etc. as it is now, there’s a lot of potential for odd time sigs and polyrythms, but the interface tends to favor 4/4 composition.

Transfer Scene’s locked params to the active Part.

Sometimes I wan to manually tweak a parameter that is locked to a scene and for that I have to deactivate the scene, but then the parameter jumps to it’s Part value and not to the actual param’s value defined by the scene/crossfader.

Some way to transfer scene’s locked parameters to the active part will be useful so you can continue manually tweaking that parameter from that point.

Also it would be very handy if you can transfer the interpolated values, sometimes you have the crossfade in some point and you want to capture that state to a new scene or to the active Part.

^^ +1 , although couldn’t it be programmed that scenes are captured states that are further tweakable without transferring to current part ? I like the idea of a key combo to capture current interpolated state to next scene…