OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

This would also be sick :)[/quote]
absolutely, on the OT and A4, i’m wobbling in and around the target value to get a ‘constant’ plock, fine for a send, but hopeless for tuning an osc etc

Please, make Octatrack even more versatile by adding some cool amp simulator. It would be insanely useful both for live applications and direct guitar/bass sampling. It’s strange to me that amp simulation isn’t there already, considering all those direct sampling/FX processing/looping abilities OT has.

cheers

I’d like to second (or third or whatever) the desire for a poly mode a la the monomachine.

A simple one really.
I would like to be able to repitch my samples without using the time stretch algo like traditional sampler. (Just like the MD)
The time stretch algo sometime create lots of artifacts when repitching samples.

-REAL realtime recording when using an external synth.

i have just updated patches for maxforlive (tested on OSX) and puredata vanilla (for MobMuPlat for iOs) that manage to do that (with some latency). message me if you want to try them out.

what the patches do, is: they take the master tempo from the OT via MIDI clock(max)/note(Pd), and use that value to calculate a transposition based on the original sample tempo. this value is sent back to the OT via MIDI CC.

A simpler way to inputs MIDI notes:
Press and hold the source step while pressing the designation step. A quick and easy way to get different note lengths. I think the FR-777 works this way.

• More steps per pattern, preferably double the length, so 128 steps
  • Ability to loop just one section of a pattern, say bar 3 of a 4 bar pattern, you can do this on the Ableton Push, and it’s a great for workflow
  • Part per pattern
  • Slices reacting to MIDI-notes
  • Ability to have more than 64 slices, and ability to have say a “random slice point”-generator, so instead of auto-slicing 64 equally long slices, have the slice points come in at random points in the sample
  • Ability to listen to a sample while manually simply pressing a button to create a slice at the point the audio is currently at
  • Make the crossfader more versatile - would love to be able to fade between patterns (or assign a scene to a specific pattern)
  • “Save As” function when saving a project, being able to name it something else
  • Also agree with being able to save MIDI-templates for instruments, that would be handy
  • In the same vein - “state” templates, ability to save all current settings of a track or a set of tracks as a “state” template
  1. Use scenes with MIDI-CC’s
  2. Record Note Off commands on MIDI-tracks
  3. Record/Play MIDI Data as MID-Files on the CF-Card
    3b. Record and play MIDI-SysEx-Dumps on/from the CF-Card

Unfortunately i have to use a seperate MIDI-Sequencer in my setup to do points 2 and 3 at the moment.

1 Like
  • Sidechain compressor
  • Rename MIDI Tracks
  • Select and load Patterns from a different Project
  • More than one “undo”

i’d love to have a TRIG MODE to switch patterns. so i don’t have to press the PATTERN button all the time to switch a button.

best
j

this thread is so long…was this asked already?

this may seem trivial, but how about animating values when an LFO is changing them?

i.e. say you are using an LFO to change the pitch…when looking at the page with the pitch show the adjustments live

the OT can get so deep sometimes I like to know where the wave/speed/depth is putting things…even in regards to samples…sometimes I will open the sample in edit just so I can see what is playing in the case of slices and modulating start with an LFO

it’d be fun to have a place to set all the track multipliers at once and store them as “presets” so then you could jam on different presets.

i’m thinking like on the old drum machines with presets where you could tap a button to do fills ins and break downs.

markers within the arranger that you could hit a trig to jump to and a momentary mode where it only stays active when you hold the trig

sound/kit browser from the a4 but for scenes/parts/ machines…ill be honest - im jelly. it’s so good.

seems like it’d be a huge pain to implement…

maybe saved “scene effects” only store effects and amp settings (and track assignments?) and not machine settings. so one saved scene effect could say: t1 amp, lofi-delay t5,comb,spring, t8 amp - delay, (t’d have to scroll or something, symbols would be cool lol) if an amp, or effect wasn’t locked in a scene it’d be blank and not overwrite what you had.

saved “scene machines” store machine settings only. come on, scene machine is too silly a name not to use for something, right?

I would love to control the input channel of the compressor. My dear old Yamaha 03d does that terrifically. By default its own channel controls the compressor, but you can select any channel. Sidechain heaven. I picture one more knob in the compressor setup page…

I think the distortion needs some work, and there is a blank control slot in the lo-fi section that could be used. My suggestion would be a grain size or saturation type control that would add a variably warmer fuzz to the sound instead of just breaking the sound up into nasty chunks as you turn up the distortion knob until its finally unbearable (about 50% = unbearable).

As mentioned many times:
1.Midi CC in scenes.
2.Saving Banks to load in other Projects.
3.Sidechaining, maybe in LFO section. Sort of a envelope follower(from any of the 8 tracks) that you can assign a parameter to.
4.Slide Trigs in Midi sequencer
Somebody knows when update is planned

Better MIDI control of effects would be awesome. ie, right now I can send a CC to turn the parameter 6 all the way off if I want to “turn off” the effect for a track currently selected, but I’d love to be able to turn off FX1/FX2 on any track I want. With a MIDI foot controller I could then use the Octatrack as a kind of stompbox multi fx for say, the guitar. Set up a chain of Neighbor Machines and then turn on/off delay, chorus, reverb, flanger, phaser, filter, etc. Not every effect has a ‘mix’ on param 6.

Looking in the manual there are unused CCs that could be used for this, I believe.

The ability to “Neighbor” the Master track? (Using track 7 for additional effects on track 8/Master)?

I’d LOVE to be able to have Filter, Delay, EQ and Compressor all on the final output

i agree.
i’ve said before that a “master machine” to place the master track anywhere would be useful. it’d be very cool with parts!
as it is now, when making sounds i usually re-sample into track 5 add a bunch of neighbor tracks, then re-record that.

I imagine the reason there are only 2 effect channels and only certain combinations of effects is because of the processing power of the machine.

Give this thing more horsepower under the hood and it would be able to handle all those effects without having to use a neighbor or handle being able to have 2 resource hungry effects together

but I agree with nakedbob, being able to neighbor the master track seems “do-able” since it is using one of the 8 tracks