OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

Unfortunately, it cannot do MIDI over USB. There are two ways to upgrade the firmware on the OT per the manual. The first way is through USB, where you drop a firmware update onto the CF card. The second way is through MIDI, where you send sysex over the actual MIDI ports, not through USB.

I want OB for my OT too, but with the current hardware it is just not possible. The USB connection is so basic that the OT and your computer can’t access the CF card at the same time, which is why when you go into USB mode the OT is basically paused and nonfunctional.

2 Likes

Looks like all hope is lost on the USB end of things. Just feels weird to use the DN as an interface for the OT :upside_down_face:

But the trig preview/chance would be great.

However I am not sure where chance would be unless they add a new machine of some kind…? Like a flex with something sacrificed on the SRC page. That would be odd but better than the current location.

Currently to change the condition you have to be in REC mode and enter the micro timing menu. Not exactly live friendly.

I usually have 3 different patterns with copied trigs that share the same conditional trigs (33%, 41%, etc…)

Gets to be cumbersome. I wonder if that can be changed in a scene with the xfader?

Is there any hope of getting the simple features from DT/DN like

• changing multiple trigs at the same time
  • step recording mode from the last fw

Can’t think of others right now. They are however (imho) not related to older hardware (compared to DT/DN), should be relatively easy to implement (given that they exist on other elektron gear and assuming they didn’t rewrite the fw from scratch) and would be great value for the user imo.

Multi-trig editing really is a significant advantage. I’m not even using it much, because OT is my main sequencer and I tend to forget my AK can do this…

Nevertheless Elektron have stated multiple times, that OT is maxed out. Even for bug fixes, code has to be optimized.

Too bad. I get that it’s older, but still. Btw I was taking about mk2…which is also old :slight_smile:

Worth remembering that OT can indeed read multiple presses - the LFO designer allows it, so I’m hopeful that we will see multi trig selection capability, someday, maybe :wink:

6 Likes

AFAIK this applies to both mk1 and mk2. Performance maxed out, no cpu cycles left.

Hope they can somehow squeeze this in there, though…

Cycles shmycles…I think it’s more a budget question at this point…

Elektron could offer alternative OS adding a few more updated features, if OT memory space is maxed out. I’d definitely like to see the granular synthesis, instead of three modes of reverb and DJ equalizer which are a little bit redundant.

4 Likes

Scenes for midi tracks…

6 Likes

^this.
I end up to sample my synth to make my sets dynamics.
It’s a shame because I really like the extra LFO I get from the OT for my synths, I could also use the fader as a mod wheel.

Also why the OT doesn’t have note scale? The midi Arp has different note scale with the possibility to change root note, seem weird that we can’t set in keyboard mode either in a midi or audio tracks.

1 Like

I don’t know how to quote in this forum can anyone help me?

Anyway in response to what RobertoMatta said
They could maybe let us use one Reverb/Delay when track 8 is a master track and give us extra features. The AMP page has one slot left, it could be used as send to FX2 of the master track. Like this we could also have delay going into reverb without using a Neighbour track. Also I think having one Reverb for space per set gives a better cohesion to the various tracks.
At the moment I use the Cue out as send for my Lexicon reverb and use a Thru track for the return. I use the OT reverbs mostly for sounds design even tho I really like the dark reverb, often I found myself setting the same setting in every track if I want my tracks in the same space and use the dark reverb.

1 Like

Just mark the text you want to quote and a button will pop up reading “Quote”.

3 Likes

I kind of like that the tempo is global. Since I can just use the arranger mode to store the BPM for a given musical idea, I rather like that the master device doesn’t unexpectedly change tempo when I change patterns.

If they do add this feature I hope they make it an optional, like using 8 as a master track.

1 Like

It should be optional yes, sure. Most Elektron machines have both global and per pattern tempo. Olle told me at some time that Elektron also really want to do this but it is not a simple thing to do.
If you want to perform manually it is just a complicated thing to use the Arranger just to switch patterns.

2 Likes

Elektron could make a customizable modular firmware where you select what you want and what you don´t in the computer, and then send it to the OT.

This can prevent the OT to became old or legacy, and lots of people will want to buy one.

8 Likes

That’s a cool idea.

2 Likes

I’d like free LFOs starting always from 0 when you press play, and stopping when you press stop twice. Alternatively, I’d like LFOs in any of the sync modes resetting on pattern start instead of track start.

One of the things I want to do is having a bass sequence of say 16 steps with plocks on pitch, and an LFO changing rate every 16 steps and restarting from 0 every 64 steps (effectively transposing the bass line, in a predictable way that will be the same every time I play the pattern). The current behaviour of the LFOs doesn’t allow to do this, I think the best way to implement it is making free LFOs start from 0 the first time you press play, or if you pressed stop twice before pressing play, this would make it more predictable and useful for composing music, IMO. It could be an option in the sequencer of pattern settings, tho.

2 Likes

Yeah, even just adding a Sync2 mode, which resets the lfo for the track when the pattern starts, but continues to run would be so cool. Sync mode resets everytime for that track when the pattern loops.

2 Likes

I’m confused. What’s the difference between pattern start and track start when hitting play for the first time? Aren’t they the same thing regarding Sync Trig because it will always run in sync with the tempo from the moment you hit play, right? Forgive me if I don’t quite understand what you want :slight_smile:

Edit: I hear you on making the Free mode start from zero each time tho!