OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

Bandpass filters? What bandwidth(s) would the filters have?[/quote]

I think of an initially slightly overlapping width which gets narrower as you raise or lower the bands amplitude. The factor would be fixed.

Bandpass filters? What bandwidth(s) would the filters have?[/quote]

I think of an initially slightly overlapping width which gets narrower as you raise or lower the bands amplitude. The factor would be fixed.[/quote]

Sounds interesting, although it might require more DSP power that the OT can deliver. Do you use this filter configuration on other gear? Have you sent a feature request to Elektron?

+1000[/quote]
+10000 here
This way one can use the Octa as a real 8deck Dj-machine for example.
No Problem exporting tunes at a different bpm, but what If I need to change the bpm during a set to fit the roomā€™s energyā€¦it then starts to sound quite akward :frowning: and who plays one bpm strictly for letā€™s say 2-3 hours. No one I guess.
Please elektron, make this re-pitch to re-time happen. I donā€™t mind if itā€™s basic as hell :slight_smile: Just do it please!

An LFO mode that will make the LFO reset when a pattern or arrangement first starts playing and then loop continuously. So an LFO that runs for more than 4 bars can always start at the same position when you begin an arrangement.

The MIDI LFOs are a big distinguishing factor for the Octatrack against other sequencers and samplers (in my view of things), but they fall just short of being useful for more than very short-term modulations, random applications, and unrepeatable atmospheric stuff.

If we could get just this, we would truly have enough tools in the Octatrack for quite musically flexible intertrack modulation! Itā€™s so close :frowning:

1 Like

Iā€™ve been through this thread and there are some great suggestions. A couple of ideas I would also love to see:

Iā€™d like to be able to use the cue feature as normal with the headphone output but use the 4 outputs as individual outs - so I guess a mixture of studio mode and standard mode. This would allow the use of an external reverb on FX send of external mixer but still allow for check new samples, sequencing etc before the audience hears them.

Iā€™m really enjoying the LFOs but find it a bit frustrating that each can only go to one parameter - it would add some exciting possibilities for these to have 3 or 4 destinations - if this confuses things too much due to the single depth control on the LFO 1st page then it would be great to have a little modulation matrix somewhere to allow for some more complex possibilities.

I guess major updates seem a little unlikely at this stage though - although people seem to be still buying these new so who knows!

Hi Elektron! Anyone remember us? Your dedicated OT users. Any plans to implement our requests?
I think maybe thatā€™s my #1 request.

I like iPad app companyā€™s for they will sincerely listen to your requests about there product and make changes!!

We are your users. Count how many have purchased your productā€¦ We put cash in your pockets, promoted your instruments to our friends and family.
It would be a great solid if you could maybe take some action and give us a hint or not on if you plan on making some changesā€¦ Or maybe we should get rid of this thread all together?

:wink:
Microluv

2 Likes

I think they already said they were not adding more features to the OT, next future updates will be fixes only.

I personally believe that the designer LFOs in the OT are an amazing feature, but that some other omissions in the OTā€™s feature-set hold them back from their full potential of unlocking some seriously complex sequencing capabilities. If the following could be implemented, the OT would be a legitimate contender to Cirklonā€™s inter-track modulation and aux event mojo.

• One-shot trigs in MIDI tracks, which would open myriad creative possibilities, including the ability to sync LFOs such that they start at phase 0 when a track begins but not get forcibly reset whenever a track loops (the current behavior of the SYNC TRIG mode).
  • Bipolar depth control for LFOs (as on A4 and Rytm), so you can (for example) invert a designer LFO for one destination and keep it un-inverted for another destination. ā€œCopy and paste the designer LFO to another track and invert it in the designerā€ isnā€™t an acceptable workflow if youā€™re tweaking that LFO throughout a performance.
  • Bipolar speed for LFOs (as on A4 and Rytm), so you can (for example) run a designer LFO in reverse for one destination and run it forward for another.
  • Start phase as a parameter for LFOs (as on A4 and Rytm).
  • Ability to p-lock parameters in the MIDI LFO Setup page.

And while Iā€™m fantasizing, it would of course be incredible if the OT could get any of the analog machinesā€™ conditional trig types.

Well there ya have itā€¦ I guessā€¦
It just gives to the whole idea of our disposable world we live in.
I appreciate a company that continues to make their product relevant and not just throw it to the side because they have some new fancy shitā€¦

I find it quite odd that the OT does not have midi sample dump, just imagine making some samples on the OT then sds them across to Rytm or MD, a nice little eco-system that would surely help sales of other machnes.

1 Like

Its weak point with E gear, very little to no ā€œcross pollinationā€.
Heck even their song modes dont match up very well.

Iā€™d take faster LFOs anytime

Hey,
Would it be too difficult to have an option that detached track level from a Part? I will be playing a set and switch to a pattern that plays a different part and the levels can easily go to shit. Really discourages me from using multiple parts in a bank because if I turn the level down on a track and it switches to a new part the level will jump back up.

Anyone find a work around to this?

For my own workflow ā€¦I would love to see a couple of things.

• time effects (aka reverb and delay) trail of after a mute.

• to be able to copy a pattern and paste it to another pattern while still playing the first one (great for improve sets!!)

• To be able to lock scenes to patterns without using the arranger.

• As Sicijk mentioned earlier to have p-locks in Live Rec placed also by keeping pressed the knob (or YES+knob), so you can put a fixed value across all the trigs.

• all the automatic loop settings turned off ! ! whats with this anyway ha ha ā€¦

-option - samples that are freshly recorded in to the OT are automatically assigned the current tempo of the sequenceer at the time of being recorded.

• Pickup machines - they are pretty much unusable now in my opinion.
    But they would be great with a few minor adjustments
    #1 being able to disengage the master machine from controlling the tempo, or set the tempo for the first loop and then switch to slave mode until the sequencer is stopped

Anyway enough of this ā€¦ of to make some more music
still love my OT despite the many things I wish it hadā€¦

Agree!!! This is the most important feature to implement. AND we want it now!!!

Poly on each track would just round off this wonderful machine
But the pick up machines are a work around here

Everything is almost prefect now

after a week of use, I get it all and itā€™s such A different instrument in comparison to when I was a poor and extremely annoyed! beta tester when the ot first came out

1 Like

Ok, I have two requests.
1: When you are in mute mode (funct+down), why does the screen get smaller and show the mutes on screen? I can see what evers muted via the trig keys, I donā€™t need it shown on the screen aswell. Fail.

2: Whats the idea of having trig keys #9 to #16 to trig your samples, why cant it be trig #1 trigs sample/machine #1 etcetera. And why cant I trig my midi tracks in this same way?

ā€¦ because the designers decided they wanted to trig the plays free Tracks with #1 through #8 ā€¦ itā€™s printed on the front, besides itā€™s labelled T1>T8 for your convenience and the mutes tie in with the tracks listed too, all quite logical

What I mean in the second query is why are the mutes displayed on the screen and also on the trig buttons?

i know, just a UI choice ! (why have a virtual keyboard on screen too you could add whilst in chromatic mode - it just helps some people be clear whatā€™s happening) - i was originally just commenting on the topology decisions, so muting tracks and trigging tracks are performed on the same trigs, very logical