OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

With the arp off, p-lock the “LEG” (legato) parameter to “on” for the note you want to slide to or slide from. Make sure the note is long enough to at least reach to the next note.

4 Likes

Harmonic Minor :mage:

_scene lock the second page FX parameters… :violin:

_paste an arp without replacing the Tonality key:hammer:

_control all for all arpegios of the part:surfing_man:

Ergonomic advanced :warning:
The most important possible upgrade IMO : :mag_right:
When switching from Arp page to sample pages and coming back to midi… It’s not anymore on arp page… This is so important the return to midi choose the last used page…
+Ability to save Midi pages settings.

Please :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Are you sure your OT behaves like that?

My OT stays on whichever page I was last when I switch between midi tracks/audio tracks.

Yep I’m sure, It don’t have the direct return to the arp designer…
Arp designer seem to be midi-shift relied to “second amp page”
For live tweaking it’s not really easy and needs 3 clicks… which are many clicks in live situation.

• I don’t want to spam little shift buttons :hammer:
    The first page of Arp is less interesting in live, trigs are locked (IMO)
    But yes it’s not the most important thing.

Ah, ok I misunderstood your post.

Yeah, you can only go from main page to main page and from setup page to setup page when switching between audio and midi tracks.

2 Likes

1 Like

RC505 and it’s predecessor probably released before OT can record a stereo track (44.1khz/16 bit) up to 3h30ms directly on a microSd card.
OT can record / process 8 recordings at the same time. Unfortunately I think we’d have to wait an hypothetical improved product for direct to card recording. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Example: “Arm All Track 3”
MIDI CC numbers to Arm Rec (or All) for ind. Tracks 1-8
That’s all it needs. Thank You for this machine.

What do you whant to do? There is already a CC to arm all one shots, and if you want to trigger recordings individually you can use notes C4-D#4 and use QREC if you want to record at the beginning of the pattern, as if there was a one shot rec trig on first step. CC59 can mimick notes, if you need CCs.

Other approach : use several patterns, some with rec trigs on tracks you want to record with.

2 Likes

a strumming function would be pretty cool. choice between up or down, how much space between each strum and at best a humanize knob to vary space and strum strength of each note.

I also, like so many, would like more midi polyphony. 4 is just not enough. I dont need 10 notes, but 6-8 would be good

Using two (or more) tracks for polyphony or more midi ccs is something I regularly do on my OT.
Using a few tracks to sequence a chord also allows for polyphonic sequencing (notes don’t have to start at the same point in time and can have different velocities).

1 Like

yeah, that would work. but its a workaround that is too complicated for me to work with.

I do this in my daw now. works. but I could go dawless with this until I need the daw for recording, arrangement, mixing and so on. these would be major creative features for me

Thanks for the response. I want to push an EXT button and arm Record on a specific track.
My feature Request is now: Dedicated CC#'s for specific track selection, in addition to the up/down track CC#'s. I don’t know how possible adding CC functions is, but this would be very helpful. Thanks.

2 Likes
  • one more midi out (thru as out)

• swing/more breakdown on Midi Arps (be able to clock divide more freely and deeply)

• transpose skip octaves (when you press function it would jump octaves rather than having to dial in every 12)

• scoot full patterns (rather than having to scoot each individual track)

*FIX bank send (send both CC0 and CC32 when you change bank on a midi program)

1. Control All
  2. Program Change per pattern, kind of like the DT program change knob in the MIDI section
  3. Polyphonic sampling (A guy can wish!)

This please.
If quantise Playback goes to 256 why not sampling ?!

1 Like

Envelope follower!!

4 Likes

Envelope follower would be a great addition. I’ve been needing that a number of times.

2 Likes

Yeah. MD have it. With ZOIA it should be possible to make an envelope follower sending midi > crossfader control. :loopy:

2 Likes

I would imagine it’s already been said but having had the DT and now owning the OT MkII I’ve noticed the LED’s for the ‘page’ section during playback they are all lit up Red and then the highlighted page in the sequence is just a slightly brighter RED which is hardly distinguishable. The LED’s are multi-colored, it would be nice and I would have thought an obvious decision to have the highlighted page in a running sequence to be a different color as the DT does.

But it seems this variant color scheme like the grey labels that are just slightly lighter grey than the panel making it really difficult to see in a low lit situation is what they did with this as well. I get after a period of repeated use it does become second nature, but it’s nice to see clearly where you are in a sequence page rather than tapping the page button just to get where the highlighted LED even is. So it would be nice if they could change this in the future, but I won’t hold my breath.

2 Likes