OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

Please enlighten me on how to achieve this.

Workaround is setting scenes to lower the vol on the AMP page to -64 in specific groups. Not ideal, but achieves what you’re looking for.

1 Like

It’s in the arranger section of the manual

“ M offers mute settings per arrangement row. Move the focus to the M column and press [YES] to open the ROW MUTE window. Enter mutes by pressing the [TRIG] keys. The first eight keys mute audio tracks”

That leaves the effect trail but would still silence the audio of the sample

I thought that was the desired result. Mute a track leaving the FX tail.

The request was ‘mute the trigs’

But maybe they meant preserve effect trails.

That’s been discussed before:

1 Like

Indeed, as the manual says, it is muting the tracks not the trigs.

It stops the trigs trigging for the steps it’s muted. If you have long sample playing before the mute it will continue to sound. Try it

Pattern length as LFO destination would be absolutely amazing !!

3 Likes

well cc’s are sent but you can’t dump all parameters at once. thinking of a remote where you can dump the current state of all dials to reflect the settings of the Octatrack.

do you not use track 8 as a master track? i have mine midi mapped to LCXL and this isn’t any sort of problem.

i’m wondering if the MANIFOLD app might be able to do this? might try…

whats that?…well you need to talk to OT and bring it to send the values. for now i don’t know if this would be possible somehow.

But that’s exactly what the CC 61 does: after you’ve sent it to the OT you get all the actual audio parameters back (as a batch of single CCs). IMHO this way is much easier for syncing external controllers to OT’s internal state than a custom formatted sysex message (which would need special interpretation on the receiving side).

2 Likes

Just had a chance on OT to check quickest way to experience the mute behaviour within arranger:

Empty project

Assign a looping sample to a static or flex on track 1

Put a trig on every step of pattern A01

Go into arranger and use func+down to insert the default row (which is A01 length 16)

Func+down again, but set this row to loop the row above infinitely

(anti-clockwise turn under PAT, click right, turn anti clockwise to get ‘LOOP: 000/infinity’)

Double stop and press play to begin arrangement

(You hear just the start of your loop trigging on every step)

Click right to get to the mute column (M) of row 1

Press Enter

Press trig 1 to “mute” T1

It doesn’t mute the audio (you hear your loop playing out after the bar has finished)

What’s happening is that the last trig is playing out, subsequent trigs are ignored until you unmute. You won’t get silence within this ‘muting’ scenario

Ok i understand what you mean now but it doesn’t seem usable practically in live neither that it is programmable within the arranger.

I’d say it is a side effect but it is not meant to be used that way.

Repeat with a short non-looping sample with long effect tail to further compare with standard track mutes.

My speciality

1 Like

Don’t forget the « not usable » :wink:

Don’t forget the OP didn’t ask about performance :wink: They wanted to ‘mute trigs not audio’ and you can use the arranger to program exactly that

Nonetheless, one ‘usability’ tip for using the arranger in performance:

Create rows with the mutes you need and pair them with a descriptive REM statement one the row above . Such as “MUTE T1” or “MUTE KICK”…

Then move cursor onto the written description. The sequencer spends no time on REM rows, going straight to the mute state programmed for each.

Trying that now. It’s cool.