OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

Wet/Dry Mix on the LoFi effect would be nice

1 Like

when in SLICES trig-mode
It would be great, if the corresponding trig buttons would light up, when they are being triggered.
(Just like tracks are doing in TRACKS trig-mode)

This way it would be quicker to see, what’s going on in the sequence…not having to check each step.

5 Likes

I’d like to have either trigger mute or amp mute (a mute mode that turns amp vol to zero, which is what I do manually to mute a track without muting the effects). I imagine it could be implemented with FUNC + double tap track button, or with a new trig mode. And to show when a track is in trigger mute it could blink or use a different color (blue, purple and cyan are not used in the OT, but they are supported by the hardware, I guess)

3 Likes

I’d love to have trig mute AND the current kind of mute, I’m just saying if you can only have one it kind of has to be the way it currently is because trig mute wouldn’t work for thru machines or pickup machines, since thru machines only really use trigs for parameter locks (other than the initial trig you can use to activate the machine automatically) and PUMs don’t use them at all, so in both cases trig mutes wouldn’t work.

So it makes sense that Elektron designed mutes the way they did (but it would be better if they added more mute types)

2 Likes

Yes good idea, or XVOL to minimum.
Wouldn’t work on Neighbor though, having no effective Amp settings, unless they also change that! Btw that’s also a feature request for me : effective Amp setting for Neighbor and Master track…

3 Likes

Could you elaborate on the topic below ? False triggering ? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Octatrack OS 1.40A: bug reports

Also depends on when you die. Be careful !
I guess nobody can say when. During beta testing, they said other updates would come, and they also talked about certain bug corrections to people reporting bugs.

2 Likes

@warlock016 when did you buy it? Was it new or used? Be aware that not all mk2 units are affected by the button combo bugs, you might want to try getting an exchange with the retailer if still within the return period. I have 2 mk2 units and neither of them have the button combo issue or any other button problems.

Hmm, might be a hardware fault then?

Hold cue plus mute.

2 Likes

Thx!

Would be nice to have an EQ in the audio editor to free an effect slot :eyes:

1. I’d love the DT’s sample SRC page where you can see and set start/end points. It’s so much easier for p-locking and granular stuff. In fact, just port that whole page over to the OT.

2. duophonic sample playback - Let me not have my pads get cut their tails cut off when looping back to the beginning.

3. trig mute mode instead of audio mute mode

4. Filter as a constant dedicated effect on top of the 2 choice FX.

5. LFO/Delay times that match up with the DN/DT labeling, especially for snapping to synced values.

6. More reverb types

1 Like

You can resample to free 2 fx slots !

1 Like

I know that’s always the answer, but sometimes it’s just a pain in the butt, not to mention taking up more space. But yeah, resampling usually is the answer to it all.

The more you do it, the less it’s painfull.
Additional fx simply won’t happen.

Another workaround for additional fx is to use a track recording and playing CUE, so that you can use 2 fx more for all tracks, using their CUE send.
6 tracks, 1 fx return track, 1 master tracks, makes 6 fx applied for each track.

3 Likes

Are you saying to actually hardwire the CUE outputs back to inputs? I can’t remember if you can route CUE internally.

They say pain makes you stronger, but that ain’t always the case! Hah.

For resampling it’s simply SRC3=CUE.

2 Likes

Right right. I meant I wasn’t sure if there was another way to have the send FX that @sezare56 mentioned beyond neighbor tracks.

Make a track with with src3 set to CUE, and a flex machine playing from the record buffer. Rec trig on step 1, play trig on step 1 MICROTIMED ONE CLICK TO THE RIGHT (otherwise it won’t play the live recording at all or will play unreliably). Anything sent to CUE gets routed to the track, so if you’re in studio mode your cue level becomes an effect send.

That’s the basic setup (unless I’m forgetting something, haven’t done it in a year or so) but once you have that working you can start experimenting with things like more than one play trig, feeding the track back into itself, messing with the playback and amp parameters, plocking everything, using multiple send tracks with cross feedback, building full blown Karplus-Strong algorithms…

3 Likes

That’s dope