OT driving RYTM, RYTM not using its pattern data sometimes?

I have this one project that does something strange.
I have my OT driving the RYTM, following patterns.
I choose pattern A1 on the OT, it plays, but there is no data on the RYTM on this “intro pattern.”
I choose pattern A2, and the RYTM is supposed to start playing it’s pattern on A2, but it doesn’t and when entering grid record mode it looks blank.
I go to pattern A8-A5 or whatever on the OT, and the RYTM’s patterns show up again.
Once I do that, I can go back to pattern A1, then to A2, and the pattern that I programed on the RYTM is there?
It almost seems as if I hang out on A1 for more than one bar, I have to go to something besides A2, to get the RYTM to “wake up.”
This is the only project I have that does this.
Am I missing something?
Is this some kind of bug?

That’s quite strange indeed, is your project filled to the brim with other patterns and samples in the pool? I’ve had a similar experience with individual voices not sounding until I swapped patterns a few times. Although it only started happening when I had filled almost every pattern and sample slot.

1 Like

Not sure if it would help but try making A1 “not blank”…

Program a few trigs that have volumes p-locked down…never know

1 Like

Not completely filled, just a few hear and there while working out a track.
Super weird.

Back to trying to solve this project bug or whatever.
Again, my OT is driving the RYTM and A4.
For some reason when switching patterns on the OT, the AR’s patterns follow, but the pattern does not “play.” I see the trigs, but nothing is triggered.
I noticed that the text to show you what pattern it’s on is flashing between two patterns.
If I switch from pattern A01 to A03, it will flash between A01 and A03.
If I start and stop the OT, the AR will activate, but it gets stuck in this weird mode when I do pattern chaining or use the Arranger.
This is the only project I have that does this.
My midi runs OT out to the AR thru to the A4, and the A4 is responding fine.

What am I missing here?

What are your Scale master settings? Did you set a suitable LEN/CHNG value? I have this issue using OT as a master arranger if I do not explicitly set this even on “empty” patterns on the Rytm.

3 Likes

THANK YOU!!!
I knew it was something quirky like that!
Had the Master Length set to infinite on the AR, no bueno.

4 Likes