OT & Digitakt Sample Start & End

Can you get more detailed with the Digitakt in terms of ‘Sample Start’ and ‘End Points’, does it run on a higher resolution?

I do a lot of scrolling through samples with tight loops, in a semi granular kind of way. I wondered if the DT gave a better result doing this, less clicky artifacts?

Thinking of offering up my OT MK1 for some kind of trade.

Cheers

Do you use Audio Editor?
Can’t have better resolution than 1 sample.
The smallest trim / slice selection is 64 samples in Ot. No clicks if you select zero crossings with FN+Knob.
Loop points for each slice.
Pipo loop is less clicky too.
Quite sure OT is better for that too.

Rather new to the OT (but not Elektron) and have an OT MkI on loan from a friend. I’ve found that modulating the sample start point during playback (be it via LFO on the track, or actually moving the points in the audio editor) to be an extremely clicky and messy affair, at least with the samples I tried. I was hoping to be able to achieve some fuckery with the sample start and length parameters, but it doesn’t sound good because of the clicking, etc.

Maybe I’m doing something wrong here. I’d certainly like to be able to mangle sounds in this way.

If your slices are not well prepared, you’d have clicks with any sampler, if you don’t start / stop playing without envelope.
You can reduce / eliminate clicks with Amp page settings :
Attack, Hold set to minimum, Release.
You can edit your slices, set starts / loop / end to zero crossing with Audio Editor.

Try Loop mode on, Pipo.

1 Like