OT Arranger mute woes

Can’t you use another pattern for your issue ?

Okay, so do as you were doing, isolate that track in question. Not sure what you have checked off as far as what could be causing the track to stay audible, but here are few suggestions that I would look at in this case:

• open the audio editor, under the ATTR page, and make sure that loop mode on the sample in question is set to off
  • if the track in question is a recording buffer being played back, go that buffer’s recording setup page and make sure the loop setting on that page is off. Note that this is just a safeguard, as the audio editor’s setting on the ATTR page (referenced above) will override this setting on the recording setup page.
  • track playback setup: loop setting in this page should be set to off
  • amp settings: this will sound obvious, but make sure the row that crosses over that sample trig and ultimately makes it audible isn’t p-locked to INF on the Hold or Release.

Mutes in arranger mode are simply making the trigs on ROW X with X amount of steps irrelevant – but what’s more important here in your case is what has come before that particular scene. For example, if the row above it is UNmuted on the track in question, when the sequencer crosses a trig (I use “trig” loosely, b/c it could be a Trigless trig or a sample trig that could cause this track to stay audible – i.e. amp setup page settings), it could very well loop infinitely and give you this trouble. As I stated above, the other main variable here, in addition to amp related matters, is whether or not the track itself is set to loop. Keep in mind that Auto in the Loop Playback Setting page simply passes the authority on to the sample on whether it wants to loop or not. This would get back to the ATTR page in the Audio Editor that I mentioned above.

Re: pattern changing and still hearing samples from previous patterns. FUNCTION+BANK, press track in question, and look for “Start Silent” setting. Auto simply reverts to a master setting, Yes will silence the track upon pattern change, etc.

If you haven’t already, give that a go and see what happens :slight_smile:

I hope that’s helpful in some way. In a bit of a hurry but I’ll check back later.

Cheers

2 Likes

I’m looking into it right now. I already tried a couple of that stuff before. I will get back when I have availed … or failed…

Turning of every loopsetting on every sample used in the project as well as on every playback menu hasn’t done anything. Also from the point I’m working at every track starts looping from the moment it starts playing. I’ve looked into plocks and i don’t see anything that could have that effect What I do see now is that the two neighbourtracks(4 and 6) have a play icon when the unit isn’t playing as well as my master. I have muted the neighbour tracks but maybe there is an issue there.?

It definitely seems like an issue with the neighbourtracks. If I keep them running. And the song stops they keep playing and eventually the volume starts slowly lowering and drowning out.

anything plugged into midi in of the OT?

what are your settings in regards to track channels? what’s the auto channel?

master settings. midi -----> control ---->What is checked and stated for audio cc in /out and audio note in/out?

I have my DAW going into the midi in to send transport to start and stop. But I’m starting my sequence from the octatrack itself. So I don’t have to keep starting from the beginning of the arrangement. As far as midi settings go, they are all on. And I turned them off but that did not help. I also tried taking away the neighbour tracks. But that doesn’t help either. I’m now trying to put Locks on scenes on the level and xvol parameters but that one track still plays. It’s one trig and insist on keep playing till it ends. It doesn’t seem to loop anymore though so that’s a win. Auto channel is 11 for whatever reason.