OT and Launch Control XL issues

Omg legendary hahah, subscribed

1 Like

I would like to use my OT with the Launch Control XL and the Boss Re-20 (on Cue outs). Can someone please explain what midi channels an cc messages I have to use to control these things:

Faders 1-7 -> Track levels 1-7
Top row knobs 1-7 -> cue levels 1-7 (send to Re-20)
Middle row knobs 1-7 -> Reverb send on track 1-7

Sorry, if this doesn’t directly answer your question as I don’t currently have an OT, however, there’s one in the way :smiley:,
Toward the back of the OT (or other device) manual there is bound to be a ‘MIDI implementation’ section which lists all the CC messages that are useable with/ by the OT. Find the parameters you need (track volume, 94 I’m guessing, or reverb send etc) then add them to the preferred location on the LCXL in the editor from Novation.
The MIDI channel numbers can be altered on the OT itself in the ‘MIDI Config’ > ‘Channels’ menu (again, I’m guessing, but that’s how I set up my LCXL with both my DT and AR).

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer. Do I have to choose different midi channels for each track? I want to control track level 1 with fader 1, track level 2 with fader 2 and so on.

1 Like

You’re welcome.

Sounds right. That’s what I do.

For further OT-specific MIDI info, please don’t forget the manual :wink:

1 Like

Will try that tonight. I have read the manual many times but did not know that i have to choose different midi channels on the launch control. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

(Solved: track midi channels were set up wrong )

I have a LCXL with latest firmware and tried both Calc’s and Neil Baldwin’s template. Connected through a Midi Plus USB host. Auto channel on OT is 11. Things are not working as they should. None of track levels work and only a few mutes work. None of the other mapped encoders do anything. Solos do not work. I have similar failures with both templates. I even tried to map my Midi Twister with similar results. On a side note I have a Morningstar MC6 mapped to Rec/play etc for looping and it works great! What am I missing? If I had any hair left I’d pull it out. But still I’m loving the OT and can’t wait to get this working!

1 Like

Hi everybody,

Digging out this to topic to ask if any of you has encountered the problem with the Launch Control Editor telling you that you are using Windows 8 (despite using windows 10) and restarting often, preventing you from changing the settings. If you have, did you find a solution or a workaround?

Thanks!

I am just now starting to read deeper into the iConnect midi rounting capability after having gotten the LCXL and an iPad/phone to control octatrack, no issues!

I think it’s unfortunate they discontinued the iConnectMIDI4+ this thing is the octatrack of midi boxes, shit is crazy with routing, my brain hurts right now, in one of those good ways, where you barely understand the vastness of possibilities in front of you.

i am now on the task of remapping the LCXL from the octatrack template, which i very much appreciate, to one that more suites my setup. it’s one of those situations you agonize over, for too long, because i make this my “live” setup, so close!

It’s a pain to do, but once it’s done, it’s so much fun!

2 Likes