OT/Analogs keyboard fold?

Do you think its coming? As a newer elektronaut I am hopeful but inexperienced. Do those of you that have been around long enough to see Elektron’s support for older devices evolve over the years think that the scales and keyboard fold will be coming in a future OT update?

2 Likes

All we can really do here is speculate on this sort of thing. I don’t necessarily anticipate any Octaatrack updates, more ‘nice if they happen’ than expected.

All I’ll add is that it would be nice, the Octatrack keyboard does slightly fry my brain (realise this is a ‘me problem’), never know where I’m at, so any wee tweaks could be interesting.

1 Like

yeah, the keyboard fold/scales is so cool because it takes the somewhat unintuitive key layout and makes it so intuitive and easy to play! I bought the model cycles as my first elektron box thinking that thats what the scale button did. Its just such an intuitive solution to turning trigs into keys

Realized that this same question applies for the analogs, I imagine this would be spectacularly helpful on the a4

2 Likes

Hmm, but the Analog machines keyboard layout is already in the style of a piano octave so wouldn’t fold/scale be pretty awkward on it? Like you’re playing your half tone up but suddenly it’s a whole tone and so on. But maybe that’s just me cause my brain is so used to that pattern from playing piano a lot.

1 Like

It would be such a crazy useful addition for the AR’s chromatic mode!

Agreed, it seems an odd one… Unless it’s aimed at folks who don’t/can’t play keys so don’t have that ‘muscle memory’

I would love this on the OT!!

1 Like

Yea I can see both arguments.

On one hand it’s more fitting on the 2
Row, 8+8 step format of the Digis.

On the other hand, I’d like to give my OT samples a good 2 octave finger mashing that stays in key.

So let’s have it as an option, certainly.

Would absolutely love this on the Octatrack

2 Likes