Os upgrade screen frozen on Digitakt

Hey guys

the os upgrade screen has frozen on my digitakt with the bar only one quarter loaded. Its saying its complete on electrons transfer app but not on the digitakt I’ve tried rebooting 3 times and same issue.

Any advice…?

Guy

i’m having the same issue.

I’ve tried different cables different laptops adapters but same issue. Really hope someone out there has a solution…

Got mine (new) from Bax Music a while ago. The unit received was not new as it was accompanied by a RMA form filled by the previous owner for the same issue you are dealing with.
In the end I contacted Elektron support who confirmed to me that the unit had indeed been repaired and cpu had been changed for that matter.
I decided to keep the unit which works perfectly fine since then.
v1.10

Great feedback thanks I think I will be doing the same.

You should contact Elektron support ASAP.
Is your unit new/under warranty?

Yeah I’ll contact them it’s about a month old. Bit annoying but is what it is I guess.

Do you have the link to customer support by any chance.??

Will look into it as I am not home right now.
Can send you the email if you would like.
Let me know,
V

Same problem here today with the 1.11 release…

Initiate the OS upgrade by pressing the [TRIG 4] key. Digitakt will enter a waiting stage, listening for incoming OS data, and “READY TO RECEIVE” will be shown on the screen. For the transfer to be possible, the device sending the OS syx file must be connected to the MIDI IN port of Digitakt. To send the OS syx file, use our free SysEx utility software C6. The OS syx file and the C6 software can be downloaded from the Elektron website.
• You cannot use the Elektron Transfer software to transfer OS syx files when you are in the STARTUP menu.
• USB MIDI transfer is not possible when you want to upgrade the OS from the STARTUP menu.
On your computer, download the OS syx file, open the C6 software. Click CONFIGURE and select Digitakt for MIDI In as well as MIDI Out. Drag the syx file to the C6 main window, then highlight it by clicking on it with the mouse pointer. Click the “send” button in the top left corner of the C6 window.
As the Digitakt receives the OS, a progress bar will show how much of the OS has been received. When the transfer is finished the message “UPGRADING… DO NOT TURN OFF” appears. Please note that the upgrade takes a little while. The device will restart when the upgrade process is finished.
• When you send the OS syx file, use our free Elektron C6 software. You can download it from the Elektron website.
• If the Digitakt receives the OS upgrade through the MIDI ports, you can use the Elektron TM-1 USB MIDI interface for up to 10x transfer speeds

This works.

It happened to me today, too. I waited 20 minutes, then courageously switched off the DT and repeated the update. Then it worked without any problems. DISCLAIMER: Don’t try this at home :wink:

1 Like

Exact same happened to me… did the exact same… Outcome exact same… seems like the screen just freezes while updating…

Once again. Try this it worked fine for me and I was experiencing the exact same issues as you all.

Vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Initiate the OS upgrade by pressing the [TRIG 4] key. Digitakt will enter a waiting stage, listening for incoming OS data, and “READY TO RECEIVE” will be shown on the screen. For the transfer to be possible, the device sending the OS syx file must be connected to the MIDI IN port of Digitakt. To send the OS syx file, use our free SysEx utility software C6. The OS syx file and the C6 software can be downloaded from the Elektron website.
• You cannot use the Elektron Transfer software to transfer OS syx files when you are in the STARTUP menu.
• USB MIDI transfer is not possible when you want to upgrade the OS from the STARTUP menu.
On your computer, download the OS syx file, open the C6 software. Click CONFIGURE and select Digitakt for MIDI In as well as MIDI Out. Drag the syx file to the C6 main window, then highlight it by clicking on it with the mouse pointer. Click the “send” button in the top left corner of the C6 window.
As the Digitakt receives the OS, a progress bar will show how much of the OS has been received. When the transfer is finished the message “UPGRADING… DO NOT TURN OFF” appears. Please note that the upgrade takes a little while. The device will restart when the upgrade process is finished.
• When you send the OS syx file, use our free Elektron C6 software. You can download it from the Elektron website.
• If the Digitakt receives the OS upgrade through the MIDI ports, you can use the Elektron TM-1 USB MIDI interface for up to 10x transfer speeds

Next time press “no” and cancel the update before switching it off and on again.
Had the same problem btw. Took me 20 minutes of fiddling with the Digitakt, but worth all the hassle.

Same issue here. Thanks for the tips everyone. I was using the Elektron Transfer software. I aborted the installation and used C6 instead, and it worked just fine.

1 Like

Damn, transfer is not working for me neither. I have an Apogee Duet audio interface which only has a USB-midi out. Any idea how to get it to work with the Transfer App if you want to update from 1.11Beta6?

Thank you so much in advance!

Try using C6 instead. I was updating from the 1.11beta and it didn’t work through the Transfer app, but it did with C6.

1 Like

I had the same problem. But it worked when I switched from Overbridge Mode to USB MIDI in the USB configurations in the Systems Menu.

4 Likes