OS Update: Syntakt 1.01

I haven’t tried it on syntakt but you can do that on digitone. The external keyboard will follow whatever scale you have it set as. Works on my guitar too lol. I plug my fender roland ready strat into my boss sy-1000 and send midi out to digitone and I can play any sound on my guitar but also in any scale that digitone is set too and won’t trigger the wrong ones even if you hit a wrong one.

4 Likes

I hope the Midi CCs on the FX block got fixed! Just want to map that sweet Filter and Drive to some knobs on my Faderfox

2 Likes

So it is! Would be a nice feature. Maybe it was planned but never made it into release.

Edit: One thing that I did notice when I first got my Syntakt is that the product page states “Play across a single octave like on a piano keyboard. Or use fold, and have several octaves laid out in front of you.” As several means “more than two or three” I was looking through the scales to find any that allowed more than two Octaves (tetratonic scales perhaps?), but I couldn’t find any.

1 Like

This is unfortunately wrong in the manual and will be fixed. An external keyboard does not take scale mode settings into consideration.

10 Likes

Yes the mapping control change of fx track is resolved

2 Likes

Will it come in a future update? Since it does work on digitone?

4 Likes

Awesome! Thank you, Elektron! :heart:

2 Likes

…i still see some people with doubts about next new sonic gimmick machines…

…while i’m absolutely sure, safe and sound, that long before we reach a 2.0 os, we’ll see some first new ideas in that direction…

hey elektron developers…keep on working on the vowel and spelling ones, pleeeaase… :wink:
and don’t forget to get some various arp motives with shortcut access to the scales added to the modifiers somehow… :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I don’t own Syntakt but this looks like a nice update!

1 Like

That was fast!

Some great update and bug fix choices here. Genuine quality of life improvements.

Thanks, Elektron! :cool:

1 Like

I’m having a lot of fun with mine and hopefully this is a good sign for the future. Elektron historically seem quite good at releasing updates and fixes, I know the Digitakt 1.30 went down a storm with the second LFO and the new filter types etc. With a bit of luck we’ll see some new synth machines here, I think the added value would be amazing and it would no doubt attract a few people who had been sitting on the fence.

1 Like

Wow, that was fast. Thank you very much for the new function of changing octaves while in step record mode :star_struck::star_struck::+1::blush: (and quick bug fixing, too)

The moment they release even 1 new engine/machine, I’m buying the ST immediately

7 Likes

DT is still the digi-king imo

2 Likes

Can you elaborate here?
By ‘fixed’ do you mean you’ll update the manual to reflect reality OR update the OS to support the feature?

2 Likes

No mention in the release note. Will check in and report back soon.

1 Like

Can confirm that it works now

1 Like

Yes, it appears so. Good news. Worth a mention in the release note IMHO.

1 Like

Love this

3 Likes

Curious that in the mixer view the analog FX track itself is represented with that adjusted TRACK LEVEL graphics, even though it is not routed to the FX track. Is that intentional?