OS Update: Syntakt 1.01

No mention in the release note. Will check in and report back soon.

1 Like

Can confirm that it works now

1 Like

Yes, it appears so. Good news. Worth a mention in the release note IMHO.

1 Like

Love this

3 Likes

Curious that in the mixer view the analog FX track itself is represented with that adjusted TRACK LEVEL graphics, even though it is not routed to the FX track. Is that intentional?

I believe so

The routed Tracks adopt the appearance of the (permanent) FX Track’s graphics - so when they are routed there, their association is clear

It’s a reasonable question, but i don’t think it necessarily implies that it’s routed to itself - it only is itself, it can’t be shown any other way. It’s convenient imho that it’s shown differently as it could help somebody understand that connection.

3 Likes

Yes, one might see it that way. Personally, I find it confusing. In one place it shows a state, in another place it shows the thing itself. In the mixer, it is just another channel. Would it need to change back to the normal level icon when no track is routed to the FX block, just as the track level icons change?

Maybe. But then it’s inconsistent with how the delay and reverb is represented: the delay and reverb sends are using the reverb and delay icons (except in the delay itself, the reverb send is curiously represented as a normal level icon), but the reverb and delay mix levels are ordinary (stereo) level indicators, not the Delay and Reverb icon.

It’s also inconsistent that the FX level is represented in the way the mono tracks are represented, when the manual on page 17 shows a stereo path through and out of the analog FX block, so it should be a stereo level icon. But that was wrong in Syntakt OS 1.0 as well:

1 Like

The feature is not supported in the OS and I have adjusted the manual accordingly. When it comes to future firmware changes we prefer not to say too much about that until we know what is actually going to be done. But I hear you and we will keep things in mind.

12 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: SYNTAKT Bugs Thread

The device could sometimes produce unwanted sound artifacts such as crackles and pops when the FILTER RESONANCE parameter was set to max and at the same time was modulated.

Not only when the resonance was set to max, but also with a bit of resonance in combination with short filter/amp envelopes, etc. This was especially noticable with the chord machine, but this all has been fixed in 1.01! :+1:

8 Likes

Same

Same here

it’s extremely capable now and the machines are awesome. Don’t wait unnecessarily :blush:

1 Like

can someone tell me is it just me whos fx block amp page in adsr mode doesent work after firmware update

i bet it’s not even you … explain what you’ve set and expect - my money’s on settings

have you got trigs and is the track muted - are the trigs short enough to avoid amp envs overlapping etc etc ??

1 Like

Updated to 1.01 this afternoon. Done in 60 seconds. Just dropped by to say thanks Elektron dev team for such a quick update! Looking forward for what’s in store :green_heart:

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

after updating to 1.01 the overbridge engine doesn’t work???

Did you update overbridge too?

2 Likes

5 minutes ago I fully uninstalled overbridge en installed it again. now it works. Thanks for reply

2 Likes