Os update not working

had the same problem. used another computer and it worked.
however do not update.
since going to 1.22 without the possibility to go back i am stuck as overbridge 1.1 does not work properly and downgrading doesn’t either

What

connections

and

settings

have

you

made?

No. You need to update the OS before you can use Overbridge.

I did this and tried different midi/usb options. not working, Please help

ar settings: usb, usb to midi. tried to plug in midi cables also to ar only. it loads the sysex file on the c6, but no send, i see the ar in the c6 midi in out window as well.

I did this and tried different midi/usb options. not working, Please help[/quote]
have version 1.02f. don’t care to use over bridge for a couple of years. rep. said update for some bugs, not sure now.

What

connections

and

settings

have

you

made?[/quote]
true, but not interested in over bridge actually. ok in ar: set to usb, usb/midi, did not work. plugged in midi cables(to ar only) did not work. c6 seems to show ar in window ok, it loads ok, no send though.

I did this and tried different midi/usb options. not working, Please help[/quote]
did the bugs get fixed with OS.122b? i would not use over bridge personally have no need for years ahead.

coming to and from the ar, do the other ends have to be plugged in? not sure where if so using standalone, thanks!

WORKED

GUYS !!

Make sure you choose analog rytm on both midi in and midi out on config. it has to be blue. Seeing analog rytm there isnt enough.

i was having the same problem but just solved clicking on both and making them blue.

hope this helps

1 Like

@Egementoprak was right. I just figured this out randomly before reading this. Was banging my head against the wall because I could not figure out why this wasn’t working. In the end, it was needing to actually shift click on both instances of whatever gear you’re upgrading in the midi config menu of C6. Super stupid feature that is not clear at all.
Aside from that, you do need to have midi+usb mode selected in USB Config menu on your Elektron gear

ELEKTRON%20OS%20Update

thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences - I’m also having this same issue with my Analog Heat. opened a support ticket with Elektron but also sharing here in case anyone has insights:

1. Analog Heat - set USB config to USB-MIDI :heavy_check_mark:

2. Running a USB MIDI cable from Macbook (High Sierra) to Heat MIDI IN + OUT :heavy_check_mark:

1. In Heat MIDI port config I have input from MIDI+USB (same for output to) :heavy_check_mark:

2. Now in C6 I select my USB-Midi interface in (I don’t see “Elektron Analog Heat” like @tusk_one just my USB-Midi cable running to Heat. I’ve tried different combos of selecting SDS Handshake and Use Extended SDS - doesn’t work whether those are checked, unchecked or any combination)

3. I select new Analog-Heat_MKII_OS1.20.syx file I’ve downloaded, click and highlight that blue too, and start send. I see the transfer happening in C6, and my USB-MIDI cable starts blinking blue to show MIDI being sent, but my Heat still just says “OS UPGRADE - WAITING FOR SYSEX” and never updates. Even after the transfer completes and C6 says it’s done, nothing changes in Heat. If I restart Heat it still has old/original OS.

Any other ideas or creative solutions? Anything I’m missing? thanks

UPDATE: Figured out my issue. See post below.

Right after I posted this, I solved my issue (thanks @tusk_one - your screenshot got me thinking about why I wasn’t seeing Heat in C6 like you were) - (for me at least) you don’t need to use a USB-TO-MIDI cable into Heat (or your other Elektron device’s) MIDI IN, you just need to use a USB A to USB B connector into the Heat “USB” in. Once I swapped the cables and repeated the same steps I described above I was able to update the OS.

1 Like