OS 1.30B OT mk1 slice playback? (resolved - Attr>Quantize trig=direct)

I have gone back to check closely again and you are right, it is not working in Live record. Works for live jamming, but when I hit live record the trigs layed down are not being relegated to the steps defined in the Quantize Trig setting of the Sample Slot ATTR window in the audio editor.

I am using a Flex Machine here. I am in Slices trig mode.

bummer…

2 Likes

Yes but at least we’ve confirmed it as an issue now and we ought to file bug reports…

1 Like

I’m in, but haven’t done that before, how do we do it? Should we make a vid showing the issue? Let me know how I can help.

Go to elektron.se and click on the little person icon on the top right. If you have and account log in or if not create one. Once your in there’ll be a link to make a support ticket. Just fill out the form and do your best to describe the situation as simple as you can so they can recreate it on a machine and confirm… Shouldn’t be to hard with this one…

1 Like

Ticket created. I will post as soon as I get further info.

4 Likes

The answer I got was, that this is how it is supposed to work. Live Rec mode the quantizing doesn’t work, but I was told how to make a feature request… Which I will do.

1 Like

So it’s a feature ? :sketchy:
You still can play them quantized and record with audio recorders, and slice them again. :smile:

Yea that had crossed my mind. I actually followed up and asked them if there is a “why” that they chose this and if they have a solution for getting that great intimate playing that Quantized allows into recorded form. We will see, I will report. :wink:

The simplest seems audio record.

I have other workarounds with a keyboard with synced arp, and a midi processor to trigger slices with midi notes. Slices are correctly recorded.

Quantized midi tracks Plays Free sending CC17 for slices ? I think I tried that one with no luck. :sketchy:

A trig every 8 steps, record slice knob movements.

Do you know Megabreak of Doom ?

1 Like

Has this been implemented yet?

More precisely?

1 Like

Slice quantize while in rec mode

Still not working in Live Recording. :sketchy:
IIRC we mentioned it in last beta session.

1 Like