OS 1.3 bug Thread

It should work, it’s the attack/early transient phase
reduce C2 & C3 to zero to test if it’s still unresponsive, that could potentially point to a calibration issue

as ever, test on a empty pattern with a clear kit (then load ride) to avoid other hidden locks clouding things !

I think it’s faulty :unamused: I tried re-calibrating and reinstalling the OS. Empty reset. No errors on test mode. I made a ticket at HQ but I’m wondering if I should just return it to where I bought it. Didn’t really want to wait for weeks shipping it to Sweden due to one cymbal parameter not working.

Not good news. Not saying your wrong, but it does sound a bit odd to have one small aspect be out like that

Did you zero C2 & C3 and tweak C1 min to max after that, all from a vanilla state (it’s almost a subtle aspect when 2 or 3 are full tilt), no other devices hooked up etc - definitely no scenes etc (thus starting from a fresh kit)

If there were fundamental issues, i’d expect them to possibly manifest themselves in other models too on that voice circuit

It’s important wrt establishing status to start from fresh (new kit, double click synth, set to ride) with that particular machine, if you were using an inherited kit using that ride type it’s possible, albeit remote admittedly, that it’s a legacy of changes that i know were introduced before release

sounds like you’ve tried everything else (should rule out most of the above tbh), but be sure to allow it to sit for 2>3 hrs idling before calibration too

test with TYP C, that one’s the most pronounced wrt C1

Also although it’s the same voice, might be worth trying it on both Tr11 & Tr12 to be sure they both sound identical (they should)

1 Like

Two bugs:

1. Sometimes, after an unknown button combination, the sample of the CH9 track doesn’t sound anymore. No matter what I try, clearing all pages, loading any sample, reloading the kit, changing patterns and back. Only restarting does it. I end up using only the synth to continue with the workflow, since I usually use that track for a typical hihat.

2. There is no ‘retrig quantize’ option on the retrig menu, like the manual indicates… :slight_smile:

Don’t know if anyone say that but

Function + chain clear chain but restart patern from start to.

It can be useful to restart but not here, retrig +tempo can be a better place

everybody updated to 1.30C already? I wonder if most of these issues have been fixed now?

Yep 1.30c for me

some very strange bugs yesterday when used AR 1.30c with OB 1.10.1:

• when I turned up resonance, the sounds sounding like bitchrusher - but only from 30% or 40% resonance on

• AR started to play random notes on random channels

• sequencer doesn´t triger the notes anymore … so I set diffierent trigs (red LED on) - but it doesn´t triggered any sound - even the pad of the tracks doesn´t light up when triggered.

I switched buffer from 64 to 256 - and it worked again … puuh! … but very strange behavior! I always asking myself, if Elektron adds more and more complex synth engines and overbridge … how does this affect the cpu etc? I mean … what is, when the electronics gets to hot?

This is very clearly a bit of info for an overbridge thread, if it happens on the AR when it’s running in isolation then by all means post it here

Also, best to think of bugs as very repeatable issues that can be recreated from a very simple starting point, methodically. Others should be able to recreate them as well

Throw in computer environment variables and it becomes even more difficult to narrow things down if the explanations are vague, this is why i body-swerve OB issue threads and look at these ones.

It adds noise if we add little bits of feedback in the wrong places. Someone may benefit from the buffer advice, but best to put it in the OB pages next time so it may help someone browsing

If the AR is showing you the barber-poll graphic from time to time, you know it’s struggling a bit, my hunch is that the buffer issue is far more to do with the computer end than the AR itself, otherwise nobody with an identical AR could use those settings for the most part

I don’t think heat is an issue, but i’ve read that the AR is already given a proper workout, so no doubt adding in full on OB sessions on top can push it quite hard

you are right … but I don´t know if it is new AR OS or OB releated. The problem with the resonance … yeah could be a overbridge related problem. But the sequencer problem? I don´t think so. How should OB and especially the Buffer size related to the sequencer? The sequencer was runing but did not trigger any sounds. I checked the trig menu and trig conditions - everything was as it should be.

Okay, I have something weird, not really a problem, just puzzling.

I have identical BDs (machine is Sharp) on Pad 1 and Pad 2. They act differently - if I trigger Pad 1, the pad stays very faintly lit, the other does not. Investigating in Ableton shows be a noise floor of -96db, caused by Pad 1.

When I turn off the infinite decay on the Amp section and change it to a long decay, this goes away, the noise floor becomes much lower noise of -120 db (except a spike at about 1Hz, which you can’t hear of course.

I think it strange that the two pads show different behavior with the same sound on it.

Anyone else has this?

K

Simon already stated that “this is to be expected” in another thread. The bottom four machines are not 100% identical.

1 Like

I’m sure it’s a know bug but I haven’t seen mention yet on the forums:

Found while trying to sync Analog Rytm with Ableton (non Overbridge). If you turn on metronome and then mute all tracks so you only hear the metronome, then turn metronome off and unmute tracks the AR remains in a state where muting any track will also mute BD1. Remains in this state till reboot.

Have you submitted a ticket yet?

Not yet but I will. I have another ticket already which is getting slow response so I didn’t want to add to it.

Edit: Just submitted ticket.

I had that problem with the letters as well.

I’ve run into a strange issue. I have some sample trigs having p-locks for start end and points. However pressing any scene button, it immediately plays all the running p-locked samples from the default positions, breaking the corresponding melodies. This happens even by turning on or off any scenes. The perfomrance mode buttons don’t do the same, they work as expected, but scene buttons reset all sample settings. Is it intended behavior or is it a bug?

Ok, this is not restricted to samples. Scenes immediately reset every p-locked parameters by all sounds for that momemnt they were pressed (turned on or off). Is it right??? This way scenes can’t be used by p-locked tracks.

Another strange thing: the mute buttons don’t apply immediate mute, especially by samples. If I press mute on a sample track while the sample is still being played, that sample won’t be muted but played till the end of that trig. Ok, I understand that mute is not really mute, just not triggering upcoming trigs. But it shouldn’t have the name Mute :slight_smile:
Ok I’d say I create a scene which sets amp volume to zero. But then all actually played samples with p-locked start/end points will be reset. OMG!!! :smiley: