Os 1.25H is out

List of changes from Octatrack DPS-1 OS 1.25G to 1.25H Bug fixes
A regression caused sample trim points to be reset when loading a project. Fixed.

http://eu.elektron.se/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/OCTATRACK_DPS-1_OS1.25H.zip

i think its encouraging to have them releasing things again.
i’m trying not to think that updating the os is so flakey if they update something it easily breaks something else.

1 Like

Will this return the sample trim points to where they were originally set, before the upgrade?

Concerning that each update, fixes things thrown up by the last update but causes glitches and bugs elsewhere.

Thought something had happened to my samples since updating…

I’m not updating for a while. Seems like Elektron are not fully focussed on the recent set of updates. I hope this is resolved soon and maybe the start of a new dev focus for the OT.

One would assume that logically it would, if you (or the Octatrack) hadn’t saved the project… I an go into more detailif you like, but um,I can’t be bothered typing it all out.

A regression caused sample trim points to be reset when loading a project. Fixed.

FFS. I got shafted by this last night at rehearsal after spending hours pre-preparing a load of new samples. Loaded up the performance setup I’d been working on only for everything to have turned to shit. Wasted an hour trying to figure out what had happened before giving up and starting with a blank project.

Not fun. And certainly not magic.

1 Like

That’s why I’m still on 1.25B. I’ll wait until I see reports of a solid update before I bother, myself.

wait so is this one safe or what?

seems like all 1.25f and g and now h did were mess with stuff, didn’t have any problems before…

wish i hadn’t updated, will learn for next time

One would assume that logically it would, if you (or the Octatrack) hadn’t saved the project… I an go into more detailif you like, but um,I can’t be bothered typing it all out.
[/quote]
Thanks Rusty - I think i’m out of luck on this front - as I’ve definitely saved…

As I´m still on 1.25 B - is this the last OS that works fine (within it´s limitations and known bugs)?
Would you recommend me to stay where I am for now?

That’s what I’ve done. Seems like the last known good configuration. I think 1.25C is when the first of the small fixes came after a long hiatus.

the few seconds it takes you to download the package and read the pdf (& then decide) will not flip to Elektron rushing to their web designer any time soon i’m afraid - quite why all the manuals don’t get updated (or augmented ) once in a while is a bit of a mystery imho though !

The release notes for 1.25F include a statement:

The MIDI clock logic implemented in OS 1.25 didn’t actually work. Once a MIDI start/continue message was received the unit would not exit MIDI synced mode again unless rebooted. Fixed.

It’s not clear whether this fix in 1.25F is also present in 1.25H.
You may have to choose your bug set depending upon your working practices.

The manuals get updated when the features are updated (not for bug fix versions). For example, Elektron put new versions of the AR and AF/AK manuals up when the Overbridge features were added to those machines.

You mean like this?

and yes have tried them all :zonked:

1 Like

The manuals get updated when the features are updated (not for bug fix versions). For example, Elektron put new versions of the AR and AF/AK manuals up when the Overbridge features were added to those machines.[/quote]
That was easy … my apologies Elektron … did not know that !!!
in my defence your honour, people keep searching for CCs still missing from the manual and I made assumptions :wink:
take e.g. track mutes - search for 101 in the latest manual & release notes !! - this will be asked about on here a couple of times a year !
on the flip side : reference to realtime recording of retrigs has now been erased from the RYTM manual and will stop all those questions

1 Like

Still on os 1.25 and not planning on upgrading. Seriously if you can’t fully give time to OT’s improvements you’d better leave it in a stable os.

Just thought I’d echo some of the sentiment here - I was just experiencing some MIDI note hanging on ver. 1.25B, and after I couldn’t troubleshoot the issue I upgraded to 1.25H. When I go into the Sample Edit menu, and try to preview a sample, you can see the playback head scrubbing in reverse on the Trim page (but no audio), and there is no audio for any samples in my audio pool.

It seems to work when you replace the samples on the flash card, but I’m not sure I’ll recover all the audio on there unfortunately. Furthermore, I always put a BPM into the filename of my samples, and the Octatrack still can’t get the Original Tempo correct in the Sample Edit menu.

And the MIDI note hang problem still persists. Buzz kill. :-1:

1 Like

Im on 1.25E, should I or shouldnt I upgrade/downgrade. Which is the most stable OS version for now?

All the v1.25 OS versions are “stable”. You can stay with 1.25E if you want but, if you care about the subsequent fixes to MIDI start/continue in certain scenarios, or trigness locks, then you should update to 1.25H. You can read about the fixes in the document that downloads with the update files.

1.25H has been out for a couple of months and is the version that Elektron would prefer you to use if you need help from their support team.

All the v1.25 OS versions are “stable”.[/quote]

Apart from v1.25F and v1.25G