A4/K/MKii Trig Conditions Thread

Brilliant solution!

1 Like

75% means it would have a 75% chance of playing on each pass, so this is quite different than playing 3 times out of 4.

Brilliant solution![/quote]
If I had a brain I’d be dangerous :slight_smile:

HA! Just checked my feature requests emails, asked about these trig conditions, noise filter and tracking LFOs back in December 2012. Thanks Elektron!

1 Like

This is something everybodey of course thought about allready, but it is going to be superb live to me. I use my A4 for basslines and synths live, and up til now it’s been a lot of “advanced” mode and chaining patterns etc to get simple variations in the bass line. But with the NEI and A:B triggers you can extend your pattern enormously!

So I have a 64step bass sequence, that should be a 256steps sequence where the last 64steps of it modulates/transposes pitch (but has the same rythm as the first part)

So I put the variation on track 1, and the main repetition on track 2 with the same sound.

every note on track one has a 4:4 setting
every note on track two has a NEI (with the line above)

So that it will trigger track2 for the first 192steps and track1 (the variation for the last 64 steps)

Hah, now I can get even more drunk when playing live! Superb!

If you put a Trigless Lock Just before (space permitting) that is TRUE every three, then put a Not Previous on the main target then it will play as you desire I think
PS
Re nomenclature
I read A:B as every B, but with an offset of A when started (offset from 1, where 1 is 1st pass)

2 Likes

^ it’s such a simple concept, but surprisingly difficult to express in a simple sentence :slight_smile:

:smiley: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I read A:B as every B passes ; whilst A denotes the initial pass count
it is tricky, indeed, must resist offset and phase in the description - I think Simon explained it well, he seemed to be the champion, his explanation stuck with me
Perhaps A is the solitary first case pass count, thereafter every B

I read A:B as every B passes ; whilst A denotes the initial pass count
it is tricky, indeed, must resist offset and phase in the description - I think Simon explained it well, he seemed to be the champion, his explanation stuck with me
Perhaps A is the solitary first case pass count, thereafter every B[/quote]
On A every B?

I think the explanation in the release notes is really good:

“A:B will be true on the A’th pattern iteration, then true again after B iterations, repeating indefinitely. You can use this setting to program periodically recurring notes, where the period can be longer than the actual patten. If you for instance set it to N:4, the note will be triggered every fourth loop of the pattern.”

Maybe not so good for beginners (for lack of better word), though. Obviously written with a bit of an engineering mindset. :wink:

Hmm…

What A:B does is that it will count your pattern as several cycles depending on what value you select for B.

If you set B to 2, it will regard your pattern as “finished” when it has looped twice. That gives you a choice of two cycles where you can choose if the trig is going to be active or not.

So if you set B to 8, and A to 3, the trig will be active on the third cycle of the pattern, out of eight total. This is regardless of Pattern length.

It’s basically a counter function. It will count your pattern as many times as determined by the B value, and then you select which cycle of the pattern your trig will be active.

After the B value of counts, it will start counting from 1 again. Where it counts a Pattern as a cycle is determined by the Pattern total or maximum length

EDIT: Oops, swapped A & B, fixed.

2 Likes

It would be nice to be able to play one note or another conditionally

I think you inverted the A and B there. Should be A/3:B/8 , yes?

well…at least i hope they do make some music themselves though :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :astonished:

indeed - TRCs that only enable/disable parameter lock activation on a trig, not the trig itself :+1:

This conditional trig stuff is starting to get me itching for an Analog series instrument, for the first time.

indeed - TRCs that only enable/disable parameter lock activation on a trig, not the trig itself :+1: [/quote]
Can’t you do it by locking note parameter change then?

BTW I hate this forum platform, buggy as hell on iOS and pretty terrible user experience on windows too, Elektron please sort it out FFS, without doubt hands down the worst forum platform I have ever used.

Oh yeah, this update has been totally worth the wait.

Best.Update.Ever! Messed around all night with the various settings and let them play out and record into Live. Came up with some super cool variations and modular-esque sounds. Thanks so much Elektron team