Noise in Overbridge mode from USB

After upgrade I heard loud noise from A4.
Disabling Overbridge mode or unplugging USB cable helps.

1 Like

Same here… :disappointed:

1 Like

I hear a little micro, short “zirbit” glitch sound when I check Overbridge Mode on in the System/USB menu. But it’s incredibly short and momentary. Does not persist.

1 Like

Same here. Indeed disabling over bridge mode or removing the USB cable makes the noise go away. But that defeats the whole purpose.

1 Like

Same here too. Was driving me mental trying to find what it was for ages.

Has anyone updated their Overbridge plugin yet, and does it still persist once connection has been made (probably a stretch)?

Seems only A4, the RTYM is fine.

I guess I’m not the only one :slight_smile: Are you all connecting the usb via a hub? I have constant noise connected to a powered hub

hi,

same noise here I have to change the 24 bit depth to 16 in the output.
I am using A4 connect to a powered HUB and the AR to the computer port .

Via Overhub here - i’ll see if it works without the hub later.

Got the same noise while I connected A4 with a USB-hub.

I just tried it without the hub, and got no noise at all.

(Using Logic Pro X 10.2.0)

Noise here though a hub. I also seem to have lost my transport controls from Live :frowning:

Friend got that too , with the old version of OB…
I get now a short noise burst with the 1.22OS when i turn the a4 on wich sounds identical, didnt tried OB yet, but its allready pretty annoying.

https://soundcloud.com/whet-1/a4-noise

Edit: Fixed. Installed the new control panel + drivers now aswell, noise burst is gone . Guess it has something to do with the OB initialization.

Had all kinds of issues this evening - detailed on other threads and mainly overhub related as far as I can gather.

Now I’m getting a high pitched hub type whine - familiar with this from noise issues with the blofeld receiving midi over usb - but only through my monitors?!? On headphones, there’s a bit of faint white noise, only noticable once I go past 1 o’clock on my headphone volume on my Apollo Twin. Completely different from the whine that’s coming out of my monitors.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Not getting the same noise from whet’s post, though.

probably an obvious reminder, but a reminder none-the-less…

FILE SUPPORT TICKETS

No pb with the A4…BUT pb with the AR :sob:
Noise disappear when USB is unplugged or Overbridge disabled.

I’m getting it too. The zap when selecing “audio from” drop down and some random noise here and there.

Also the sync gets weird with the A4 sequencer. When I increase the tempo on Live I get random retrig behavior like a note getting played twice quickly.

Getting the same noise from AR with or without the hub, haven’t tried the A4 yet.

Updated Overbridge last night and opened the control panel.

Restarted the A4 and now all is well.

Seems like something sets itself up here re USB.
Anyway, I don’t care, its fixed!

Sync us much better now BTW.

I had the same issue but realized I didn’t install the latest OB OS, did that and it’s fixed.

everyone got a nice little FM machine and i get a SID station instead of an A4. :stuck_out_tongue:

It probably has to do with usb connections here. i’ll sort it out later this week and maybe put in a bug report, but this is funny.

Same here, every time i open the A4 vst i got noise. This started happening after updating to last OS and last overbridge beta.

Noise disappears if power off and on the A4.

Any ideas on how to fix this for good?