Organising Soundpacks... does anybody have a good system?

I have a bunch of soundpacks loaded onto my Analog Four mk2 and Digitone, and I can never remember which pack the individual sounds are from… the only one I can always recall is Haunted Hearts from Jogging House because I have it on Bank H (the end one) on my DN.

Does anyone have a decent solution to this?

There isn’t a way to name/ID the soundpacks from within the devices, right?

1 Like

Just in case you haven’t seen the other thread take a look here.

I think I remember there was a consensus around: On the hardware that uses samples, DON’T try and organise your samples based on the original sample pack … for exactly the reason you said

1 Like

I could do with some better organisation…

Sound and Kit stuff has always seemed a bit fiddly to me tbh (I still haven’t worked out if I can preview a kit on the AR… please help me) - the best way I could think to organise Sounds would be to prefix the names - you could have a code system and just use numbers. i.e. 01 = Haunted Hearts

01_BadassKick
01_CrispySnare

etc.

Sample management seems a bit more straight forward on Elektrons as you have folders.

On my Analog 4 Mk2, I have downloaded all the free banks from Elektron (naughty me) and have organized them based on their content. Time consuming but rewarding in the end. Time consuming because you have to sort out what goes where. Drums with drums, bass with bass etc… It has been a long back and forth loading presets, exporting them through Transfer, deleting them from A4, reloading them with similar ones.
On DN, I have done the same.
On DT, I do not sample much but have organized samples in the same manner more or less: one shot folder, loops, X0X kits etc…
On OT, I have imported my Native Instruments collection (expansions). Nearly 20 Go of construction loops, one shots, synth, bass, keys, pads loops and one shots.
Now I am left organizing over 200Go of samples on my hard drive :weary: