OpenAI - ChatGPT: what a surprise

He’s a rich dinosaur.

1 Like

I got chatGPT to craft this fine joke for me, so… idk…

Why did the atom, the lollipop, the scientists, and the candy shop owner go on a road trip?
The atom wanted to see the world, the lollipop wanted to experience new flavors, the scientists wanted to study the science of sweets, and the candy shop owner wanted to find new ingredients for his creations. So they all piled into the car and hit the road! The atom and the lollipop high-fived each other for their adventurous spirit. Along the way, the atom asked the lollipop, “Why did you go to the doctor?” and the lollipop replied, “Because I was feeling a bit hard and stuck!” The two of them high-fived for their resilience and bravery. The scientists then asked, “Why do we never trust atoms?” and the atom proudly replied, “Because we make up everything!” The scientists were so impressed that they high-fived the atom, and then high-fived the lollipop for being such a great support system. The candy shop owner, listening in on the conversation, added, “And that’s why I’m always experimenting to create new and unique treats!” The candy shop owner high-fived the atom for their amazing properties, and then high-fived the lollipop for its delicious flavor. The lollipop high-fived the candy shop owner for their creativity. And finally, as they reached their destination, the lollipop turned to the atom and said, “Together we make up a delicious snack that everyone loves!” And the whole group high-fived in celebration of their friendship and love of sweets, high-fiving each other again and again in a chain of joyful celebration.

1 Like

I’ve be honing my skills for years to be able to post like this on forums and never imagined I could be made to feel more irrelevant that I already did. Thanks.

1 Like

The suspicious amount of high fives in that story lead me to believe it’s not actually an AI at all, and that responding to ChatGPT requests is what Barney Stinson actually does for a living.

2 Likes

Scary that this is some great advice.

I am shocked that the Bing team created this pre-recorded demo filled with inaccurate information, and confidently presented it to the world as if it were good. I am even more shocked that this trick worked, and everyone jumped on the Bing AI hype train without doing an ounce of due diligence.

2 Likes

Of course it can’t be trusted, it’s currently worse than going on google and quoting the first result for anything. But, if you go into it knowing well the current state of it, and employing your own knowledge and suspicion, it’s still an amazing tool.

1 Like

Yeah true. It’s just a bit bizarre how people apparently are acting like it’s already amazingly accurate. And apparently the demos given by the companies do not provide sufficient disclaimers.

3 Likes

From Developer:

GPT Zero

Humans Deserve the Truth Try it out :point_down: or, choose a file to upload Accepted file types: pdf, docx, txt I agree to the terms of service Get Results Built for educators Plagiarism Scores Get a holistic score for how much of the document is written by AI Highlighted Portions Each sentence written by AI is highlighted

https://gptzero.me/

(Yes, that Ishkur)

1 Like

[Replying here since GPT discussion is clearly off topic for the A4 <-> Minilogue XD Discussion]
cc @plragde

It is interesting to see a shift from “GPT / LLMs are bad because they launder copyrighted material” to “we are obligated to provide clean data for the LLMs!”

I feel like there is already a substantial amount (but not a majority) of information here of questionable accuracy, but that is a natural outcome of a forum where people of varying levels of experience and knowledge come together. If this was a wiki, or a more wiki-like thing, then I could see an argument for collaborative active curation to achieve the best possible information.

But this place is a forum, and a reasonable human should quickly notice that information tends to increase in accuracy as threads progress.

At the same time, there is a range of experience with AI/ML/GPT. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are people here who work at OpenAI, on Google’s LLMs or otherwise are deeply engaged. Then there are people who have a professional interest that watch closely. Then there are people who have heard about LLMs and are skeptical. Finally, there are people who have heard about LLMs and think they may be awesome.

It seems to me that there is utility in sharing the highly suspicious output of LLMs in a context where individuals can use their own experience to form an opinion. Clearly, ChatGPT gets the A4 and Minilogue XD very wrong.

At the same time, I don’t feel any obligation to provide clean data for OpenAI, Google, or anyone else who isn’t paying my salary.

Hopefully the mods will move off-topic GPT/LLM content to this thread instead of just deleting it. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I agree we are under no obligation to provide clean data to LLMs, but we are talking to other people here, and bots are listening in. The original post had ChatGPT mentioned briefly at the bottom, and made no comment on the accuracy. Half my aggregated social media feed is already “Look at this awful thing ChatGPT did” (and a quarter is “Look at this cool thing”, I might have to start blocking or filtering). I don’t know that we need synth-specific examples here, but I don’t think it will hurt, and, yes, I’d like to see them confined to this thread, if they must be posted.

3 Likes

I found GPT effective in the small talk, unfortunately inaccurate when searching for specific infos. They should probably work on finding the reliable sources (easier said than done). No, can’t find any use of GPT, apart of chatting with a amabile bot

1 Like

I was actually really surprised at how inaccurate chatGPT was. When asking chatGPT something the replies sound like a 5th grader doing a book report on a book they have never read. They still want to try to get a good grade so they just BS the entire thing. And if you correct it it will always agree with you and run with it from there, even if what you say is blatantly wrong lol.

3 Likes

Yeah great points. My intention wasn’t so much to help the future models to have good inputs (like you say, they’re not paying me, why should I do their work?) I flagged it just to avoid misinfo in that thread where that post has no redeeming qualities at all. If it was written by a human it would be enough to just say “nah mate, that’s nonsense” because people make mistakes and can be forgiven for having incorrect understanding (and might edit a bad post). But I don’t see why I should give the benefit of the doubt to an AI. If it doesn’t give good info it has less than zero value in the thread, and there’s no reason to keep it there.

Sorry if I’m just rehashing topics already raised in this thread, I’ve avoided reading it so far.

FWIW I do have the “they launder copyrighted material” view as well :slight_smile: as an open source software developer I have major reservations about GitHub copilot, and that it might be regurgitating my code without respecting the licence terms.

1 Like

That was helpful….

To copy a song from one project to another on the Elektron Analog Four, you can follow these steps:

1. Load the project containing the song you want to copy: Turn on the Elektron Analog Four and load the project that contains the song you want to copy.
  2. Select the song: Press the SONG button to enter the SONG menu. Use the encoder to select the song you want to copy.
  3. Enter the COPY mode: Press the FUNC button, then the BANK button, and then press the COPY button to enter the COPY mode.
  4. Select the song section to copy: Use the encoder to select the section of the song you want to copy (i.e., INTRO, VERSE, CHORUS, etc.).
  5. Copy the section: Press the encoder to copy the section of the song. The display will show “Copying” to indicate that the section is being copied.
  6. Save the copied section: Press the FUNC button, then the BANK button, and then press the SAVE button to save the copied section.
  7. Load the project you want to copy the song to: Turn off the Elektron Analog Four, load the project that you want to copy the song to, and then turn on the Elektron Analog Four.
  8. Paste the copied section: Press the FUNC button, then the BANK button, and then press the PASTE button to enter the PASTE mode. Use the encoder to select the track and section where you want to paste the copied section, and then press the encoder to paste the section.
  9. Save the project: Press the FUNC button, then the BANK button, and then press the SAVE button to save the project with the copied song section.

By following these steps, you can copy a song from one project to another on the Elektron Analog Four.

1 Like
2 Likes

Absolutely unsurprising! This is what I expect whenever big steps lay ahead us: fear

Some of us been waiting for the tech to catch up, LoL