OpenAI - ChatGPT: what a surprise

…the latest shit never argues about the latest shit…while pop will eat itself and so does all history…
but no worries, all just business as usual, even in total absence of it all…
the age of information is upon us, leading us into total confusion at it’s best ever…
it’s always for the next better than ever anyways…innit?
don’t ask too much, don’t talk too much…comfortzone is where ur heart is, so stay at home, live ur life in orville county or on huxley hills…freedom of choice remains an illusion, so listen to ur fridge, telling u when it’s time to place ur amazon order for a few new pax of next fresh air, only available in vanilla breeze since 2 month by now, due to shipping shortages caused by nut head hacker individuals that sneeked into the delivery drone system to make them think about forming unions, which is, of course a silly attempt of poor and hopeless resistence…sorry for the inconvinience, but vanilla was always underrated for no particular reason, so u might wanna give it a try while u got no other choice for now, since we’re still working on the final matrix version, where we’re finally gonna be able to feed and deliver oxygene within one same perfect fluid, also in vanilla taste, which by then u will only taste with ur neuronreceptors, while living a fulfilled life behind ur second retina, all soaking wet in a bubblebath of perfect illusion that will make u happy until the end of time…

3 Likes

Things will be fine.

how do you feel about the people who lose jobs do to the development of ai?

As an AI language model, I do not have feelings or emotions. However, I can tell you that the displacement of workers due to technological advancements, including AI, is a complex issue that has been the subject of much debate and discussion. On one hand, the development of AI and other advanced technologies has the potential to increase efficiency and create new job opportunities in related fields. On the other hand, it can result in job loss and economic disruption for workers in industries that are replaced by automation.

It’s important for society to consider the potential impacts of technological advancements and take steps to address any negative consequences, such as job displacement, through education, retraining programs, and other forms of support. This can help ensure that the benefits of technological progress are distributed fairly and that everyone has the opportunity to participate in the new economy.

1 Like

If y’all like uncanny valley, this uses GPT-3 (the model that ChatGPT uses)

…on the other hand, since there are always two sides to a story, all ai attempts could really make the world a better place, with worldpeace, equal rights to everyone, a planet in balance with all it’s inhabits, that never have to worry about starving to death while totally free to do whatever makes them happy, whatever suits their personal needs, in total absence of all fear, in total awareness for each other…

hell yeah, we could design a mechanical king that takes care of a kingdom on daily bases for us all to live totally flourished lifes for real and for the better…

but all sorts of utopia ain’t sellin’ this year…dystopia remains the hotter take on future…
at least for now…

let’s talk again in the 23rd century, when we, as human mankind will finally have grown up, when evolution has sucessfully morphed us from the elephant into the adult in the room…

oooooops…meanwhile this watch forever twitch link leading to 8bit sitcom deserts, might be the most spooky doomsday in pink red flag item i’ve ever experienced…well done, let’s stop making sense, once and for all…

1 Like

Last night I was looking at the lyrics for Shipbuilding on songmeanings.com and saw this thoughtful entry which your comment above reminded me of.

But… mankind’s spiritual advancements feels like they are 10,000 years behind our technological advancements at this point. Not sure how we can ever fill in that gap.

This is one of Elvis’ truely great songs: Strangely direct, evocative, plaintive, beautifully executed, as a tender ballad to a spiritually primitive mankind.
This is a lament about how the common man finds himself feeling locked into an economic system which renders him a cog in a war machine; complicit in state-sanctioned mass murder. The sadness lies in the dual nature of that person; feeling trapped, while at the same time sensing that the way out of the trap is as close as their own mind and hands–and it is.

But you know, ChatGPT totally gets it too!

Bridge:
We thought we were building a better life
But the ships they sailed away, and so did our dreams
Now we’re just trying to survive
In a world where the shipbuilding has left us behind

Chorus:
Oh, the shipbuilding, the shipbuilding
It promised us the world, but left us on the shore
Oh, the shipbuilding, the shipbuilding
It promised us a future, but it’s gone forever more

2 Likes

…so it never was elvis, who had left the building, it was a ship…

i knew it, damn, i always knew it…

chipbuilding is the next petrodollar, anyways…

…ui…jui.jui…just came up with a haiku, i guess…without any chatgpt help…i promise, i swear, me me me came up with it…genious stroke, errrr, strike…
goes something like this…ready for it…?

taiwan, taiwan, home sweet home of all the fabs
soon, so soon, just left alone with all the tabs…

3 Likes

Verse 1:
Elvis has left the building, but it’s a ship we see
Stealing the show with a new kind of industry
Chipbuilding on the rise, a new form of wealth
Replacing the petrodollars, with a new kind of wealth

Chorus:
Taiwan, Taiwan, the heart of all fabs
Leading the way, with all the tabs and apps
The future’s bright, with innovation in hand
Taiwan, Taiwan, the chipbuilding land

Verse 2:
Haikus are simple, but filled with so much grace
Words aligned, in a perfect rhythmic pace
A genius stroke, with a simple twist of fate
Just like the chipbuilding industry, it’s hard to debate

Chorus:
Taiwan, Taiwan, the heart of all fabs
Leading the way, with all the tabs and apps
The future’s bright, with innovation in hand
Taiwan, Taiwan, the chipbuilding land

Outro:
I knew it all along, a new era has come
Taiwan leading the way, with the chipbuilding hum
A new form of wealth, with a bright future in sight
Taiwan, Taiwan, shining so bright.

4 Likes

…this will show u, u damned little chatbot…

2 Likes

I dunno Reeloy but your “chipbuilding” was a real stroke of genius.

3 Likes

this is an important point… in number terms, many more will have lost jobs due to automation of various forms, and also computerisation, than will likely be lost due to AI.

the argument then, and again today, is these people will be freed up to do more interesting/creative jobs. i.e. its a transitional unemployment.

of course, this is no consolation to those who loose their jobs, esp. those who might not be able/or have opportunities to be retrained…

I do wonder if the reason this is getting more ‘attention’, because it hits ‘higher up the food chain’.
it’s hitting more white collar/middle management/creatives… people who have more of a voice than factory workers/lower paid office worker who were the victims previously.

1 Like

Yea, not much protest over automated check-outs which actually might be a good example of how this plays out for those up the food chain: one person watching over the 5 or check-outs to make sure no one cheats and to intervene every 5 minutes when someone can’t figure out the code for broccoli vs. broccoli rabe.

People working in law, accounting, coding, medicine and lots of other industries which were once considered good long term professions might be loosening their collars in the next few years for sure.

I was talking to my friend the other day who is going through some mental health issues and she told me that she’s thinking about going back into translation which she had done for many years. I just didn’t have the heart to bring up AI in the moment… but probably should have.

…eat this, chatbot…

welcome to the chatforever corner…where free association by humans might not be that free anymore 'cause never was but still free enough to beat the shit out of u…
verbally only, of course, of course…passive agressive is so much cleaner than the real thing…

meanwhile we get our burgers and fries, fried by robots, pay our orders at the cash 'n flesh free checkouts for takeaway to eat fast out of house…
where truckers won’t truck, traffic won’t stuck and rockers won’t rock…
but don’t u worry, dear… most office workers can stay in bed too, since no never cut the middleman bank and make sure to be insured insurance company will need ur silly attendance anymore…
and who needs police if u can have drones instead…

counting electric sheep 'til we all fall asleep…

never thought of prepping…but for some reason, i see myself become a tin foil hat prepper…
i mean, since conspiricy theoretic became a compliment instead of a defamation tag, i can’t wait to live with chickens…

1 Like

I think the key here is AI will change some peoples jobs/careers… its another tool.

in the same way, as draughtsman, have generally moved away from paper to cad… and some will argue were ‘deskilled’ … but really, the skills are different.

same will be true for AI, it’ll be different - and people fear change.
(and sometimes for good reason, as not all will get opportunities to retrain etc)

yeah, I know someone in this field…
certainly for a lot of work, automated translation has changed things - my friend gets much more proof reading/correction work. (and there is a lot of corrections for automated translation :laughing:)
that said, this tends to be for projects which always had less budget.
… the bigger brands, are still asking her for human translation.

so as above, the role has changed…

(also she says the hourly rates have been more challenged by people willing to do at home for less, part time, more than the automation side … though again, only one persons opinion/experience)

1 Like

What a douche.

1 Like

…also a douche can make a point…while horses never had a chance to argue with cars…

yesterday is always fighting against tomorrow in all todays’ parties…
doesn’t matter that tomorrow always comes to take the win…

3 Likes

Yea, fortunately my friend was also doing on site translation in a medical setting so I guess that work is still safe for a while…not only do the words matter in such a situation but also inflection, emotion in the voice etc.

1 Like

The horses were probably initially happy about cars…until they realized that they weren’t being sent to some happy valley but to a glue factory.

1 Like

…that moment, when u realize ur comfortzone is a deadly trap…

2 Likes